Jeev gives himself a chance to qualify for British Open golfJuly 12th, 2008 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Loch Lomond (Scotland), July 12 (IANS) India’s Jeev Milkha Singh gave himself a last chance to qualify for the British Open as he added a second four-under 68 to total six-under 136 and place himself in tied eighth place at the midway stage of the Barclay’s Scottish Open golf tournament. Jeev, winner of the Austria Open this season, is just three shots behind the leader Angel Cabrera (68) of Argentina here Friday.
The 2007 US Open winner Cabrera shot a bogey-free 65 in the first and is now nine-under 133 for two rounds.
Meanwhile, Shiv Kapur, S.S.P.Chowrasia and Daniel Chopra missed the halfway cut. Chowrasia (72, 70) was tied 82nd at even par, while Kapur (71, 72) was one-over and tied 91st, while Chopra (76, 74), winner on PGA Tour this year, was eight-over and 148th.
Jeev put himself in this position despite the putter letting him down badly at the Loch Lomond Golf Club. If Jeev finishes as the highest non-exempt player in top-five he will make the grade for British Open next week.
Jeev found 12 of the 14 fairway and then 16 of the 18 greens in regulation, he still needed 32 putts, which was four worse than 28 in first round.
“The putts just didn’t fall. I had a bunch of birdie chances, but had 14 two-putts and just four single putts,” said Jeev.
Five players were tied for third at seven-under with the players being Thomas Bj
- Jeev close to British Open berth, third at Scottish Open (Lead) - Jul 13, 2008
- Spaniard Cabrera-Bello leads; Kapur, Jeev one behind - Feb 18, 2011
- Jeev tied seventh in China Open - Apr 21, 2011
- Solid start for Himmat, Chowrasia at Black Mountain Masters - Dec 16, 2010
- Hong Kong Open: Jeev tied sixth; Bhullar, Chowrasia tied 36th - Nov 20, 2010
- Kumar maintains lead at Hero Indian Open golf - Oct 14, 2011
- Another good start for Jeev at Scottish Open golf - Jul 11, 2008
- Chowrasia slips in third round, unknown Thai takes lead - Dec 18, 2010
- Louis Phillippe Golf: Ahmedabad top leader board - Mar 08, 2012
- Shiv Kapur and Gaganjeet Bhullar make the cut - Apr 29, 2011
- Chowrasia, Sujjan one shot off the lead at Avantha Masters - Feb 19, 2011
- Jeev recovers with a 69, makes cut with Kapur - Jan 22, 2010
- Chowrasia completes an Indian party at Avantha Masters golf - Feb 20, 2011
- Barry Lane turns the clock back, Gangjee best Indian - Feb 12, 2010
- Jeev tied seventh at Scottish Open golf (Lead) - Jul 11, 2008
Tags: angel cabrera, bjn, bogeys, british open, british open golf, daniel chopra, ernie els, jeev milkha singh, loch lomond, loch lomond golf, loch lomond golf club, open champion, open golf tournament, open winner, phil mickelson, putts, scottish open, scottish open golf, scottish open golf tournament, thongchai jaidee