Jeev falters, finishes secondMarch 16th, 2008 - 4:31 pm ICT by admin
Jeju Island (South Korea), March 16 (IANS) Jeev Milkha Singh again faltered at the finish losing in the third play-off hole to Northern Ireland’s Graeme McDowell in the inaugural Ballantine’s Championships Sunday. At one stage Jeev led McDowell by three shots, but the latter came back into reckoning with an eagle on the tenth. Then Jeev had a terrible tee shot on 17th to bogey the hole and that saw them finish in a tie, leading to a play-off.
This was the second runner-up finish for Jeev, who was also second at the Astro Enjoy Indonesia Open four weeks ago.
Jeev and McDowell, who shared the lead overnight, shot six-under 66 to finish the regulation 72 holes in 24-under 264 sending the clash in a play-off. After halving two play-off holes, Jeev missed a short putt and lost as McDowell picked his first title in four years.
Jyoti Randhawa (67) finished tied 11th while Gaurav Ghei (72) was 57th.
It was the fifth European Tour in succession in which Indians had at least one player in top five. Indians have won two events, finished second in two and took the fifth spot in one event.
- Jeev trips at the finish line, finishes second - Mar 16, 2008
- McDowell holds steady as star-studded field falls apart - Jun 21, 2010
- Gurgaon down Noida in Louis Philippe Cup - Mar 09, 2012
- Modest day for Indian golfers at Ballantine Championship - Apr 28, 2011
- Jeev shoots 67, lies fifth at Hong Kong Open - Nov 19, 2010
- Jeev, Jyoti miss out on top-10, Italian brothers win Omega World Cup - Nov 29, 2009
- Jeev shoots 67, finishes seventh in Hong Kong - Nov 21, 2010
- Top-10 finish for Jeev at Volvo China Open - Apr 24, 2011
- Chowrasia completes an Indian party at Avantha Masters golf - Feb 20, 2011
- Ireland on track to win Mission Hills Golf World Cup - Nov 26, 2011
- Glory for Lahiri at the Delhi Golf Club - Apr 09, 2011
- Bhullar finish fourth at Brunei Open - Aug 01, 2010
- Hong Kong Open: Jeev tied sixth; Bhullar, Chowrasia tied 36th - Nov 20, 2010
- Kapur drops to 11th, Jeev 26th in KLM Open - Sep 13, 2010
- Jeev-Jyoti gobble par-fives, India seventh at Omega World Cup - Nov 27, 2009
Tags: astro, bogey, clash, falters, graeme mcdowell, holes, indians, indonesia, jeev milkha singh, jyoti randhawa, korea march, northern ireland, short putt, south korea, succession, tee shot, three shots