Jeev an honorary member of Asian TourApril 14th, 2009 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, April 14 (IANS) India’s ace gofer Jeev Milkha Singh was Tuesday honoured with the honorary membership of the Asian Tour for his outstanding contribution to the game of golf in Asia and across the world.
Jeev joins the exclusive club of Asian Tour honorary members which include Vijay Singh of Fiji and Korea’s K.J. Choi.
“I think it’s a great honour for what I have done for golf in Asia. I am excited that I have been recognised for my achievements and I thank the Asian Tour and all the members for giving me this recognition,” said Jeev.
The 37-year-old Indian has become one of the world’s leading players in recent years winning eight tournaments in Asia, Europe and Japan over the past three seasons.
He has also broken into the world’s top-30 and has enjoyed the honour of winning two Asian Tour Order of Merits in 2006 and 2008. Jeev also wrote a slice of history by becoming the first man to surpass US$ 1 million in earnings on the Asian Tour in a single season last year.
“This is where I started from and I will never forget that,” said Jeev.
“I will always support the Tour. The way the Asian Tour has grown is fantastic. I strongly believe that the Asian Tour will continue to produce top-class players.”
Asian Tour Executive Chairman Kyi Hla Han was delighted that Jeev accepted the honorary membership.
“As one of the pioneers of the Asian Tour, Jeev’s success story serves as a wonderful inspiration to many young players in Asia. He learned to compete and win on the Asian Tour and is now regarded as one of the world’s best players.”
- Choi accepts honorary membership of Asian Tour - Dec 09, 2008
- SAIL Open golf from March 30 - Mar 14, 2010
- Korean golf star Choi seeks an elusive major title - Oct 15, 2011
- Korean star Choi envisions bright future for Asian golf - Oct 13, 2011
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Poulter aims to be king in Hong Kong again - Nov 30, 2011
- Asian Tour scores on all fronts in first half of the year - Jun 30, 2010
- Avantha Masters signals growing strength of Indian golf - Feb 05, 2010
- Panasonic Open (India) launches $300,00 golf event on Asian Tour - Mar 22, 2011
- Tough opening round lessons for Atwal at Augusta Masters - Apr 08, 2011
- Jeev Milkha Singh to play in Macau Open - Sep 10, 2011
- Atwal leads strong Indian challenge at Malaysian Open - Mar 02, 2010
- Siddikur looks for maiden Asian Tour win - Jun 22, 2010
- Jeev looking to re-discover form at Players Championship - May 06, 2009
- Avantha Masters to make debut on Asian and European Tour - Dec 22, 2009
Tags: ace, april 14, asia europe, asian tour, executive chairman, first man, gofer, hla, honorary member, honorary members, honorary membership, honour, inspiration, jeev milkha singh, merits, one of the pioneers, success story, three seasons, tour executive, vijay singh