Jared Lee Loughner’s Parents To Release Statement, Neighbor SaysJanuary 11th, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Tucson, Jan 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jared Lee Loughner, the suspect of the Tucson shooting, which left six people dead and fourteen injured, has been charged with five counts for killing people and injuring many others. The suspect’s bereaved parents have been away from the public glare after the shooting and it seems that they are finding it increasingly difficult to cope with the shock of their son’s deed. Their neighbor Wayne Smith, 70, told a reputed media source that Randy Loughner and his wife Amy Loughner are shaken up by the incident.
A reputed media source reported that Randy Loughner is preparing a statement which would be the first public comment of the family following the Arizona shooting. Wayne Smith, reportedly, said that Randy Loughner has already prepared a statement but he is not sure when he would release it. On the other hand, Jared Lee Loughner’s parents have completely secluded themselves from everybody and reportedly, they did not even cooperate with the FBI investigators. Wayne Smith has revealed that the suspect’s parents are devastated at this moment.
Pima Country Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told a reputed media source that Jared Lee Loughner had a troubled past and psychological problems. Some media outlets reported that the suspect’s parents were aware of his mental issues but they did not take any necessary step. However, the 22-year-old’s college mates have added that he was expelled from the college owing to his disruptive behavior. Pima College Community’s suspension letter stated that Jared Lee Loughner should obtain mental health clearance certificate from professional as his presence in the college could be a danger to himself as well as others.
- U.S. Government Files Charges Against Jared Lee Loughner - Jan 10, 2011
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Posed With A Gun And G-String, Police Says - Jan 16, 2011
- Arizona Shooter Jared Lee Loughner Mentally Unstable? - Jan 09, 2011
- Clarence Dupnik Suspects Arizona Shooter Had An Accomplice - Jan 09, 2011
- Arizona shooting suspect's parents shocked at son's involvement - Jan 12, 2011
- Arizona shooting suspect's parents apologise - Jan 12, 2011
- Handwritten note reveals plan to kill US congresswoman - Jan 10, 2011
- Arizona Shooting Victim Gabrielle Giffords Responding To Commands, Doctors Say - Jan 10, 2011
- Gabrielle Giffords' Aide Gabe Zimmerman Killed In Arizona Shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Tucson shooting suspect charged with murders of judge, congressional aide - Mar 05, 2011
- U. S. Federal Judge John McCarthy Roll Dies In Arizona Shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- US judge decides against prohibiting release of Tucson shooting autopsy reports - Mar 04, 2011
- Arizona shooting suspect pleads 'not guilty' to three attempted murder charges - Jan 25, 2011
- U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona - Jan 09, 2011
- Arizona shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner appears in court - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: bereaved parents, clarence dupnik, clearance certificate, college mates, disruptive behavior, fbi, gina gomez, glare, health clearance, jared lee, media outlets, media source, necessary step, neighbor, pima, psychological problems, public comment, s college, wayne smith, wife amy