Japan wants better ties with ChinaApril 6th, 2012 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, April 6 (IANS) Japan is seeking better relations with China.
On the 40th anniversary of normalization of Japan-China diplomatic ties, Tokyo was looking forward to have extensive exchange and cooperation with Beijing, Japanese Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba said.
The observations form part of the ministry’s annual report on diplomacy released Friday.
Japan’s Diplomatic Blue Book 2012, an annual report on Japan’s foreign policy, said the relationship between Japan and China fell to the bottom after the Japanese coast guard collided with a Chinese fishing boat in September 2010.
The two sides have worked very hard to improve the relationship since last year, reported Xinhua.
The report also gives an overview of Japanese foreign policy in 2011 which said Japan needed to strengthen the decades-long security alliance with the US.
It said North Korea’s nuclear and missile development programmes may threaten global and regional security, and that Japan will cooperate with related countries to achieve denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
- `First US-Japan-India trilateral not aimed at China' (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- First US-Japan-India trilateral, say not aimed at China - Dec 20, 2011
- India, Japan to resume n-deal talks, to develop rare earths (Lead) - Oct 29, 2011
- Despite Fukushima, India optimistic about n-deal with Japan - Oct 29, 2011
- India, Japan to talk n-deal talks, currency swap (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- India, Japan seal social security pact - May 30, 2012
- 'India seeks secure Asia free of terror' - Jun 29, 2012
- India, Japan to discuss reviving n-cooperation talks - Dec 26, 2011
- India and Japan to resume n-deal talks - Apr 30, 2012
- India, Japan to resume n-deal talks, launch maritime dialogue (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- India, Japan to hold strategic dialogue - Oct 25, 2011
- Krishna in Tokyo for strategic talks, Antony on the way - Oct 28, 2011
- India, Japan to hold maiden economic dialogue Monday - Apr 29, 2012
- Japan PM's visit to push stalled n-deal talks - Dec 18, 2011
- US to hold N-talks with Pyongyang - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: 40th anniversary, annual report, beijing, blue book, coast guard, diplomacy, diplomatic ties, fishing boat, foreign minister, foreign policy, gemba, japan china, japanese coast, korean peninsula, missile development, normalization, north korea, regional security, security alliance, xinhua