Japan to implement bigger economic stimulus measuresMarch 13th, 2009 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, March 13 (DPA) Japan announced Friday it was drafting a new 100-trillion-yen ($1.03 trillion) economic stimulus package, news reports said.
Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano said the details of the package would be made public by the beginning of April.
Prime Minister Taro Aso will present the plan at a meeting of G20 leaders in London April 2, Yosano said.
The plan follows a request from US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to G20 member states to implement stimulus packages worth 2 percent of aggregate gross domestic product each year for 2009 and 2010.
Japan has already introduced a series of stimulus packages worth 75 trillion yen, which are made up of two extra budgets for the current fiscal year and the principal budget for the next fiscal 2009 with fiscal spending of 12 trillion yen.
Immediately after the additional measures are drafted, the government will compile a supplementary budget for the 2009 fiscal year, the Kyodo news agency quoted sources as saying.
- Japan to draw up largest-ever stimulus worth $100 bn - Apr 06, 2009
- Japanese government approves $154 bn stimulus plan - Apr 10, 2009
- Japan unveils $256 bn economic stimulus plan - Dec 12, 2008
- Japan may need 3 extra budgets to finance reconstruction work in tsunami struck areas: Minister - Mar 22, 2011
- Japan's GDP plummets 12.7 percent amid record export drop (Lead) - Feb 16, 2009
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Japan announces new $276-bn economic stimulus package - Oct 30, 2008
- Japanese cabinet clears way for new elections - Jul 21, 2009
- Japan expects economy to contract 3.3 percent in fiscal 2009 - Apr 27, 2009
- US should be careful of certain budget cuts: Official - Apr 05, 2012
- Economy not strong enough: US official - Mar 16, 2012
- Japan's stock market ends worst year in trading history - Dec 30, 2008
- US budget deficit hits $198 bn in March - Apr 12, 2012
- Japan unveils fresh stimulus package - Dec 08, 2009
- Foreign holdings of US debt hit record high - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: budgets, current fiscal year, dpa, economic stimulus package, finance minister, gross domestic product, japan, kaoru, kyodo news agency, london, member states, news reports, prime minister, principal budget, supplementary budget, taro aso, tokyo march, treasury secretary, trillion, yen