Japan thanks India for tsunami-related aidMarch 24th, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Tokyo, Mar. 24 (ANI): Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan has thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his kind words of condolence and India’s offer of 25,000 blankets in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami.
Prime Minister Kan in a letter to Dr. Manmohan Singh said he strongly sensed the solidarity in Dr. Manmohan Singh’s speech in Parliament, in which he said India would spare no effort in assisting Japan, while announcing the offer of blankets.
The text of Prime Minister’s letter is as follows:
“I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude for your kind words of condolences on the Tohoku district - off the Pacific Ocean earthquake, as well as your offer to provide 25,000 blankets in view of the cold weather in the Tohoku region. I strongly felt your sense of solidarity in your speech at both houses of Parliament, in which you stated that India would spare no effort in assisting Japan, while announcing the offer of blankets. I am certain that the whole hearted sympathy from India will be conveyed properly to those suffering from the present difficulties.
The Government of Japan will make its utmost efforts, together with the people of the affected areas and the people of the entire nation to overcome this difficult time.” (ANI)
- Japan thanks India for woollen blankets - Mar 16, 2011
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of life and property in conversation with Japan PM - Mar 24, 2011
- Manmohan Singh speaks to Japanese PM, offers more help - Mar 24, 2011
- India offers help to tsunami-hit Japan (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- PM visits Japanese embassy, offers Indian assistance - Mar 18, 2011
- PM condoles loss of life in Japan earthquake, offers help - Mar 11, 2011
- Japanese PM hails Indian initiative to revive Nalanda University - Oct 26, 2010
- Indian rescue team to leave for quake-hit Japan on Friday - Mar 24, 2011
- Manmohan Singh visits Japanese Embassy in Delhi - Mar 17, 2011
- Manmohan Singh orders review of Indian nuclear plants safety system - Mar 14, 2011
- Pakistan expresses "total solidarity and support" to quake, tsunami-hit Japan - Mar 12, 2011
- India, Japan welcome cooperation in new and renewable energy, clean coal technology - Oct 25, 2010
- India offers help to Japan, Indians safe (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- China figures prominently in India-Japan talks - Oct 25, 2010
- India, Japan conclude negotiations on signing of CEPA - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: blankets, cold weather, dr manmohan singh, earthquake, heartfelt gratitude, houses of parliament, japanese prime minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, naoto kan, pacific ocean, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, solidarity, tohoku, tohoku district, tohoku region, utmost efforts, words of condolence, words of condolences