Japan embassy gets bombing threat in PakistanJune 5th, 2012 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 5 (IANS) The Japanese government has asked its diplomats and citizens living in Pakistan to take extra safety measures following bomb attack threats to its embassy in Islamabad, Online news agency reported Tuesday.
Japan has also contacted the government of Pakistan to carry out investigation in this regard, media reports said.
According to details, the Japanese embassy received a phone call from an unidentified person who threatened to explode the embassy building located in the heart of Pakistan’s capital.
Following the telephone call, the high-ups of the embassy informed the local police about it.
The Japanese government also issued directions to its people to ensure their security.
- US mounts pressure on Pakistan to release 'illegally detained' murder-accused diplomat - Feb 08, 2011
- India to provide extra security for Israeli mission - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, no Iran link (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Zulqarnain in UK police protective custody following 'threatening calls from Pak' claims - Apr 21, 2011
- Zulqarnain confirms he'll return to Pakistan on Sunday despite getting threats on phone - Apr 22, 2011
- India assures Israel full support in probe, plays neutral (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- Gilani calls back Khar from US (Lead) - Sep 25, 2011
- South America backs Ecuador's asylum offer to Assange - Aug 20, 2012
- We don't accept or deny Israelis allegations: Iran - Feb 15, 2012
- India setups helpline for stranded Indian citizens in Japan - Mar 16, 2011
- Zulqarnain reconsidering Pakistan return decision after getting threats on phone - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian embassy in Washington resumes work after bomb threat (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- US seeks custody of double murder-accused diplomat in Pak over diplomatic immunity - Jan 30, 2011
- Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures full support in probe (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- US denies threatening Haqqani with expulsion from Washington over Davis affair - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: bomb attack, citizens, diplomats, government of pakistan, heart, japan embassy, japanese embassy, japanese government, news agency, pakistan islamabad, phone call, regard, safety measures, unidentified person, ups