Jamie Oliver to whisk 10-course-meal for Presidents” G20 meet in LondonMarch 22nd, 2009 - 12:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 22 (ANI): British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has asked celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to prepare a 10-course meal for President Barack Obama and other world leaders when they visit London in April for the G20 meet.
The British chef had won the support of many for his role in campaigning against the use of processed foods, especially in national schools.
And it was said that it would be his preferred “home-grown ingredients” that would enter the Downing Street kitchen to rake up a “typical British meal” for the leaders, reports the Scotsman.
The Prime Minister was said to have handpicked the 33-year-old cook to prevent criticism of any form of lavish dining.
According to Brown, the English chefs restaurant Fifteen and his team of disadvantaged youngsters, some of whom had spent time behind the bars before turning to cooking, presented an example of a good society.
And it was this society he wanted to put together after the pieces left by the economic slump. (ANI)
- Brit chef says Downing Street kitchens are worse than prison - Sep 06, 2009
- Now children are cooking their first meal 5-yrs earlier than their parents did - Feb 16, 2011
- My PM goes to London, and all he gets is a lousy tea towel! - Mar 28, 2009
- Its almost a Satvik meal for rich leaders - Apr 01, 2009
- 40pc of Brits prefer their mums' home cooking to anyone else's - Aug 31, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay creates Christmas book for Beckhams - Dec 20, 2011
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- Andy Bates creates world's costliest kebab - Jun 09, 2011
- Lily Allen gets cooking lesson from Gordon Ramsay - May 24, 2011
- Jamie Oliver is biggest-selling author in Britain after JK Rowling - Nov 29, 2010
- Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution in the USA - Apr 10, 2010
- 'Jamie's 30-Minute Meals' cookbook breaks record in UK - Dec 10, 2010
- Jamie Oliver: Food Revolution Nightmare - Apr 24, 2010
- Season 8 Of ''Hell's Kitchen'' Premieres - Sep 23, 2010
- Female chef in Gordon Ramsay's kitchen claims sexual harassment - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: barack obama, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, campaigning, celebrity chef, chefs, disadvantaged youngsters, downing street, economic slump, gordon brown, jamie oliver, lavish dining, london london, london march, presidents, prime minister gordon brown, processed foods, restaurant fifteen, scotsman, world leaders