Jailed rapist selling tales of his crime on the InternetJune 15th, 2009 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jun 15 (ANI): A notorious East Harlem rapist, serving life in prison for three rape-murders, is shamelessly selling the disgusting handwritten accounts of his rape spree on the Internet.
Arohn Kee has created 20 revolting “rape cards” that a Web site is selling for 19 dollars a pop.
“It’s very, very disturbing,” the New York Daily News quoted Gregory Washington, whose daughter Rasheeda was raped and strangled by Kee.
“This is just an added insult,” he added.
Rosa Castro, whose daughter Johalis was also murdered, couldn’t bear to hear the details of the online outrage.
“I don’t want to reopen the wound,” the mom said.
“It is very painful. I don’t want to go back to the time of the murder,” she added.
Each of the 5-by-7-inch cards includes an explicit description of sex attacks, and echoes the shameless taunts that Kee levelled at his real-life victims.
The Web site pulls no punches in exalting Kee’s brutal credentials.
“Each Rape Card has violent sex written in his hand,” the site boasts.
“Signed In Full at bottom in bloody red ink,” it stated.
Kee, 35, was convicted in 2000 of carrying out a nearly decade-long rape and murder spree in his East Harlem neighbourhood. He’s doing his time at Attica state prison near Buffalo.
Kee probably agreed to sell the “rape cards” and other mementos after being approached by the Web site, said Andy Kahan, a victims rights advocate in the Houston mayor’s office.
Kahan led a successful nationwide fight to get eBay to ban sales of so-called “murderabilia”.
But Web sites like murderauction.com and prisonboundserialkillers.com still openly sell killers’ artwork, trinkets and artefacts.
“It’s nauseating for the relatives of victims,” Kahan said.
“It’s like being gutted all over again,” he added.
Prison officials vowed to immediately launch an investigation into Kee.
“We share the victims’ outrage,” Erik Kriss, a spokesman for the state correction department, said.
“This is something that should not be happening,” he added. (ANI)
- Interlocutors visiting Shopian in south Kashmir - Oct 26, 2010
- Rape-murder accused's acquittal reversed; gets life term - Feb 13, 2012
- Angry pro-Wikileaks hackers may target British websites - Dec 14, 2010
- Teenaged hacker jailed in China - May 04, 2012
- Visiting a crime spot to repent - Aug 21, 2011
- Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner's murderer had a sex violence plagued upbringing - Mar 06, 2010
- Shopian activist found dead in Kashmir orchard - Sep 09, 2009
- Judge refuses to jail man for downloading child porn - Nov 24, 2011
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Five injured in Kashmir firing, interlocutors visit Shopian (Roundup) - Oct 26, 2010
- Five accused of sex crimes slain in Venezuela prison - Jan 03, 2012
- Man jailed for 28 years for torturing neighbour to death - Dec 23, 2011
- Outrage after 'dungeon dad' Fritzl gets go-ahead to build houses - Nov 08, 2010
- 'Create a helpline for rape victims' - Mar 02, 2012
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: added insult, andy kahan, attica state prison, east harlem, ebay, erik kriss, explicit description, houston mayor, inch cards, jailed rapist, murder spree, murderabilia, new york daily news, prison officials, rape murders, rosa castro, serving life in prison, sex attacks, violent sex, york jun