Jacqui Smith faces new grilling for barbecue and garden patio setApril 6th, 2009 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 6 (ANI): British Home Secretary Jacqui Smith is once again in the news after she claimed 200 pounds in expenses to buy a barbecue and garden patio set.
Smith, 46, who earns 142,000 pounds a year, also billed taxpayers for 335 pounds worth of plant pots.
The items are said to be a part of the “scandalous” 150,000 pounds she has drawn in second home costs since 2001.
The Home Secretary is already under fire after she made claims for two 5 pounds porn films watched by hubby Richard Timney.
She has also claimed 12,000 pounds for cleaning, almost 12,000 pounds a year in mortgage interest, 1,728 pounds council tax, and 430 pounds in power and water bills.
Fellow MPs say that Smith is doing only what many others do and is not breaking rules.
“Jacqui uses her constituency home to host events,” the Sun quoted one as saying.
However, Matthew Elliott of the TaxPayers’ Alliance has said that the amount is outrageous.
“The size and scope of these claims are scandalous,” he added. (ANI)
- UK Home Secretary's hubby watches taxpayer paid `Blue' movies - Mar 29, 2009
- Jacqui Smith admits her hubby liked watching porn - Feb 22, 2011
- Ex-Brit Home Secy apologises for claiming hubby's porn film expenses - Oct 13, 2009
- Jacqui Smith: Ex Home Secretary to present BBC Radio porn documentary - Jan 29, 2011
- Jacqui Smith asks porn barons to fund 'real' sex ed in schools - Feb 27, 2011
- Jacqui Smith was aware hubby had been watching porn movies - Jul 12, 2009
- UK Govt. forks out taxpayer's money to support luxurious MP pensions - Apr 01, 2009
- Girl spends 38,000 pounds on mom's cards - Jul 21, 2011
- Smith's husband sorry over adult films - Mar 30, 2009
- Now you can call an expert home for filing IT return - Jul 24, 2012
- UK taxpayers' money being spent on hookers? - Aug 16, 2010
- Obese claimants claim 10 mn pounds in Britain - Jul 10, 2010
- UK lawyers were paid 11 m pounds to fight failed immigration cases - Apr 17, 2011
- EU diplomats get stick for lavish, wasteful lifestyle - Dec 06, 2010
- 2012 London Olympics: Fury over 20k pound payment to interior designing firm - Jun 06, 2010
Tags: 1 728, barbecue, breaking rules, british home secretary, constituency, films, garden patio, host events, hubby richard, jacqui smith, london, matthew elliott, mortgage interest, plant pots, scope, sun, taxpayers alliance, water bills