Jackson’s skin doctor was rebuilding his faceJuly 12th, 2009 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 12 (IANS) Pop legend Michael Jackson’s skin doctor Arnold Klein was completely rebuilding the star’s ravaged face in the run-up to his ‘This Is It” comeback shows.
Dailyexpress.co.uk reports, Klein desperately tried to make the King of Pop appear “more normal” for his 50-date run at London’s O2 Arena after years of cosmetic surgery left the singer’s face severely scarred and acne-ridden.
The dermatologist, however, insists rumours that the star’s nose was so bad it had fallen off his face are untrue.
“He came to me because, basically, I was sort of rebuilding his face, because he had severe acne and scarring. He had scarring from having a lot of cosmetic surgery. And my expertise is like it is with every one of my patients. My patients are my treasures,” Klein told US TV show host Larry King.
“And I was rebuilding his face so he looked much more normal. And contrary to what people said, he could not take off his nose. His nose was attached. But it looked too small. And I was just trying to get him ready to do the concert, because in the way he looked at his face, he wanted it to be absolutely as perfect as it could be,” Klein added.
The surgeon also confirmed Jackson was paranoid about his nose after years of taunts from his family.
“I know that people made fun - or family members - of the size of his nose. He was very sensitive to that. And so he (started) doing cosmetic surgery” Klein said.
- MJ's skin doctor was rebuilding his face for O2 Arena gigs - Jul 11, 2009
- Jackson rebuilt nose to alleviate breathing problems, says dermatologist - Jul 10, 2009
- Want to get rid of acne? Change your lifestyle - Oct 06, 2010
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Michael Jackson's doctor Arnie Klein files for bankruptcy - Jan 26, 2011
- I was paranoid about my nose: Peter Andre - Jun 12, 2010
- The cost of getting a new nose in Asia (The Funny Side) - Aug 10, 2012
- MJ was 'addicted to surgery', says mum - Nov 09, 2010
- Michael Jackson's secret boyfriend Jason Pfeiffer speaks up - May 03, 2010
- Acne problems during teenage years made MJ 'paranoid' - Sep 27, 2009
- Pimples? Go for garlic juice or chemical peels - May 18, 2011
- MJ's close pals claim he was not a paedophile, homosexual - Jun 28, 2010
- How about a dimple on your cheek as V-Day gift! - Feb 11, 2010
- George Michael wants to start afresh - Oct 13, 2010
- Michael Jackson was not gay, says father - May 04, 2010
Tags: acne, arnold klein, cosmetic surgery, dailyexpress, dermatologist, family members, king of pop, larry king, london, michael jackson, o2, pop legend, severe acne, show host, skin doctor, taunts, tv show