Jackson to lip sync during comeback gigs, fans upsetMay 31st, 2009 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 31 (IANS) American R&B star Akon says that pop legend Michael Jackson won’t be singing live during his comeback concerts. The news has disappointed his fans who splurged on tickets to attend his shows.
Akon, who had earlier collaborated with Jackson, says he won’t be showing off his vocals during his “This Is It” revival tour and will instead rely on a pre-recorded track, reports contactmusic.com.
“Michael singing I’m not so sure about. He will perform but not sing,” he said.
Akon, however, maintained audiences at the British capital’s O2 Arena will still be thrilled by a spectacular show Jackson is planning.
“It’s going to be amazing, I can definitely tell you that. I’m going to have front row tickets. I will have the best tickets in the house and will be so close to the stage you will think that I am on it,” he said.
Jackson is scheduled to kick off the tour in July.
- 'Jacko will perform but not sing' on London tour, says Akon - Jun 01, 2009
- Akon starts India tour on birthday - Mar 24, 2011
- Lady Gaga was to open for MJ's 'This Is It' show - Jun 02, 2010
- Enrique Iglesias wraps up worldwide tour - Nov 06, 2011
- Indian cuisine, meeting with SRK on Akon's wish list - Apr 14, 2011
- Akon banned from performing in Australia - Oct 28, 2010
- George Michael announces comeback tour - May 07, 2011
- Justin Bieber ends tour with star-studded show - Dec 25, 2010
- See energetic Michael Jackson in rehearsal video before death here - Jul 03, 2009
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- I'm waiting to get into Bollywood movies: Akon - Apr 15, 2011
- MJ's song 'Breaking News' reveals what he thought of media - Nov 08, 2010
- Why sing in English: Honey Singh - May 08, 2012
- MJ's family to stage benefit concert - Oct 11, 2011
- Akon strips down for fans - Apr 29, 2011