Jackie Kennedy ‘feared JFK would have affair with Liz Taylor’April 10th, 2011 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 10 (ANI): Jackie Kennedy was said to have hated actress Elizabeth Taylor.
Reason: Jackie feared that her husband and former US President John F. Kennedy would have an affair with the iconic beauty.
Astonishing details of their bitter feud are revealed in Taylor’s private diaries, meticulously kept by the late screen icon since her days as a child star.
Some of the secrets have been told to the Sunday Express by one of the late screen icon’s closest friends.
“When they are edited and published, as she requested, they will amaze fans and historians,” said the friend.
They will also blow away dozens of myths about the double Oscar winning, eight times married legend’s life.
One includes how Taylor could never convince Jackie that she did not have an illicit relationship with her husband.
A series of entries at the time Kennedy was planning his 1960 presidential campaign, which he won, assuming office in January 1961, refers to several private meetings with ‘Jack’ at his bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
“She was married to Eddie Fisher, her fourth husband, at the time,” said Liz’s friend.
“And she was thrilled to be invited to meet Kennedy during one of his campaign fund-raising visits to California,” the friend added.
In fact, they hit it off so well he invited her to see him a number of times and, had it not been for Jackie’s jealousy, Taylor would undoubtedly have been part of what became known as Camelot, his inner circle.
“Liz swore her relationship with Kennedy never went beyond friendship, but Jackie was convinced they had an affair and said some vicious things about Elizabeth that got back to her,” said the friend. (ANI)
- John F. Kennedy's wife hated Elizabeth Taylor - Apr 11, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- Fisher did the first 'Brangelina' by dumping Reynolds for Taylor - Sep 27, 2010
- Probation ends, Lindsay excited to play Taylor - Mar 30, 2012
- Elizabeth Taylor On Twitter Denying Engagement - Apr 13, 2010
- Liz Taylor's only known nude photo released - Apr 02, 2011
- Lohan swears off dating - Apr 04, 2012
- Liz Taylor wrote 'goodbye' love letter to 'loyal' ex-hubby Fortensky - Mar 28, 2011
- No One Can Replace Liz Taylor - Jul 23, 2010
- Rest in peace Elizabeth Taylor, Bollywood celebs tweet - Mar 24, 2011
- Dame Elizabeth Taylor denies engagement rumors with Jason Winters - Apr 13, 2010
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Debbie Reynolds says she forgave Liz Taylor for stealing hubby years ago - Mar 27, 2011
- Hurley begs Nayar for forgiveness - Dec 20, 2010
- LiLo 'treasures' Elizabeth Taylor's ring - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: actress elizabeth taylor, beverly hills hotel, bitter feud, camelot, campaign fund, child star, eddie fisher, eight times, elizabeth taylor, illicit relationship, inner circle, jackie kennedy, john f kennedy, liz taylor, president john f kennedy, presidential campaign, private diaries, private meetings, screen icon, sunday express