It’’s ‘’splitsville” for Prince Harry, Chelsy DavyJanuary 25th, 2009 - 11:15 am ICT by ANI
London, Jan 25 (ANI): Prince Harry and girlfriend of five years Chelsy Davy have called it quits, according to reports.
Pals have revealed that the Zimbabwean beauty ended her on and off relationship with the Royal because she had enough of his roving eye.
One of the friends said that the blonde heiress “sobbed her heart out” after she dumped Harry following a series of heartbreak phone calls.
In fact, a senior source close to the prince confirmed the split and insisted the pair parted “amicably” because the relationship had, “simply run its course”.
And now, Chelsy’’s friends are comforting her as she copes with the end of her fiery romance with the young Prince.
“She has simply had enough. They have been going through what she calls a ”rough patch” and she didn”t see the point in going on,” News of the World quoted a pal as saying.
According to sources close to Chelsy, the law student feels “betrayed” by Harry’’s constant flirting.
“There has been talk of other girls-but Harry denied it. Chelsy felt it was time to call it a day,” said the pal.
Following the split, the 23-year-old heiress stayed with a friend in London’’s Mayfair.
A source said: “She was distraught. But now it is over she is pragmatic about it. They are still talking and are friends but both feel they need more freedom.
“Their lives have been moving in different directions. Chelsy is about to embark on a career in law and being a royal girlfriend can be quite limiting. “She knows there will be a bit of a reaction but within time it will die down and she can get on with her life.”
In fact, reports have revealed that Chelsy has already changed her Facebook profile status to “not in a relationship.”
It’’s been over a year since the couple’’s volatile romance has been running into trouble-the couple agreed to a “trial separation” 14 months ago, but got back together when Harry returned from the front line in Afghanistan.
It is believed that the 24-year-old Prince has told his father about the split a few days ago.
Both Charles and Camilla were said to be sad for the couple, but respected his decision. The Queen was also informed.
However, the Clarence House was saying nothing about the split.
A spokesman said: “We do not comment on Prince Harry’’s personal life.” (ANI)
- Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy back in touch with old flame - Oct 10, 2010
- 'Dumped' Prince Harry 'moves on' with Chelsy Davy lookalike - Oct 10, 2010
- Prince Harry And Former Girlfriend Chelsy Davy Spotted Together - Feb 08, 2011
- Harry's invitation to Chelsy for Royal wedding sparks patch-up rumours - Nov 29, 2010
- Prince Harry, girlfriend strain relations (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Prince Harry's ex calls royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton to wish her luck - Nov 25, 2010
- Prince Harry splits from girlfriend - Aug 16, 2011
- Prince Harry 'moves in with Chelsy Davy' - Jan 25, 2010
- Chelsy Davy splits from Prince Harry - Sep 27, 2010
- Pippa Middleton & Prince Harry go on a secret date - Jun 08, 2011
- Prince Harry, Chelsy Davy's '9-hr Christmas lovefest in London' - Dec 22, 2009
- Chelsy Davy to reunite with Prince Harry? - Feb 05, 2011
- Pippa Middleton splits from Alex Loudon - Nov 11, 2011
- Harry to attend brother's wedding with Chelsy Davy? - Feb 08, 2011
- Prince Harrys girlfriend dumped him on Facebook! - Jan 26, 2009
Tags: afghanistan, chelsy davy, fact reports, heartbreak, heiress, london jan, mayfair, news of the world, pals, prince harry and girlfriend, prince harry chelsy, prince harry chelsy davy, profile status, romance, rough patch, roving eye, running into trouble, splitsville, time to call it a day, trial separation