Its ravioli and pasta for North Korean dictator Kim Jong IlMarch 15th, 2009 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
Tokyo(Japan), Mar.15 (ANI): North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il, it seems, not only wants to test his missiles, but also fancies eating ravioli and pasta regularly.
So deep is his love for Italian cuisine, that he has ordered the opening of North Koreas first “authentic” Italian restaurant and reportedly spared nothing in getting the recipe right.
According to the New York Daily News, though North Korea is plagued by food shortages, it has ordered the import of wheat, flour, butter and cheese from Italy for the eatery.
Cooks were sent to Naples and Rome for training after they made “errors” in the kitchen, the Chosun Sinbo newspaper reported.
“General Kim Jong-Il said that the people should also be allowed access to the world’’s famous dishes,” said Kim Sang-Soon, manager of the restaurant in Pyongyang.
The Japan-based paper, considered friendly to North Korea’’s communist regime, said the restaurant is a hit.
The paunchy Kim’’s penchant for fancy food is well known, and Italian food is one of his favorite cuisines.
In 2004, an Italian chef told how he was hired to teach North Korean army officers how to make pizza so they could cook for Kim. (ANI)
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- China denies sending troops to North Korea - Dec 28, 2011
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- Don't expect us to change, North Korea tells world - Dec 30, 2011
- US in touch with South Korea, Japan over Kim's death (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- North Korea marks army's 80th anniversary - Apr 25, 2012
- Kim Jong-Il wants to build brewery in Russia - Aug 27, 2011
- Kim's death: Will India-North Korea ties improve? - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-il unanimously reappointed North Korean leader - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: army officers, authentic italian restaurant, butter and cheese, communist regime, fancy food, food shortages, how to make pizza, italian chef, italian cuisine, italian food, kim jong il, new york daily news, north korea, north korean army, north korean dictator, north koreas, ravioli, sinbo, tokyo japan, wheat flour