It’s official: Britons are obsessed with weatherSeptember 11th, 2009 - 3:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 11 (ANI): Eight out of 10 Britons use current climatic conditions as the opening line when meeting a stranger, a new survey has found.
Queueing is their another favourite habit, with 70 percent of Brits favouring to wait in line compared to some of their European neighbours who favour pushing and shoving.
When it comes to takeaways, traditional fish and chips are still at the top, while more than half of Britons say their favourite luxury afternoon treat is a cream tea, reports The Daily Express.
The survey - by Debenhams - also found that the second-favourite conversation opener for Brit men is sport. But for women it is sex. (ANI)
- 8 out of 10 Brit owners feed their dogs takeaways! - Sep 11, 2010
- A third of Brits think it's socially acceptable to eat with fingers - Aug 19, 2010
- Chinese stir-fry is Britain's top dish - Jan 22, 2012
- Brits fall back in love with fish 'n' chips - Sep 24, 2010
- Shepherd's pie is Brits' favourite home-cooked meal - Apr 15, 2010
- Indian curries rule UK's menu - Nov 23, 2009
- Here's why Britons are obsessed about weather - Sep 22, 2009
- Brits are a nation of burping, nose-picking couch potatoes - Sep 15, 2009
- Britain named world's chip capital! - May 25, 2010
- Brits rate Bacon sandwiches as their favorite tasty pleasure - Mar 15, 2011
- Sales of brown suede shoes drop as Brits opt for 'trendier' footwear - Jan 16, 2011
- What will you miss during foreign tour - Mar 24, 2012
- Steak, spaghetti beat tikka masala to third place as UK's favourite food - Nov 30, 2010
- Bacon sandwich is Britons' favourite naughty snack - Oct 06, 2009
- Brits rejecting mournful funerals in favour of pop songs - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: britons, climatic conditions, conversation opener, cream tea, daily express, debenhams, european neighbours, favour, fish and chips, habit, new survey, sept 11, stranger, traditional fish, weather london