Italy quake toll rises to 15 (Lead)May 29th, 2012 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, May 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least 15 people have been killed and about 100 injured in northern Italy following a magnitude 5.8 earthquake, AGI news agency reported Tuesday.
The temblor’s epicentre was in the Emilia-Romagna area in Modena province. Its tremors were felt throughout northern Italy and as far away as Tuscany region.
A man in the city of San Felice sul Panaro was killed by falling rubble from a building.
An industrial building collapsed in the city of Mirandola in Modena province, trapping four people, TMNews said. Rescue workers were trying to save them.
Hundreds of people in the area fled from inside buildings, and rail links in the area have been disrupted.
On May 20, a quake in the same region had killed seven people and destroyed many buildings, BBC reported.
- 6,000 displaced in Italy quake - May 22, 2012
- 18th century tower crumbles in Italy - Jun 04, 2012
- Italy quake toll rises to seven - May 21, 2012
- 100-year-old woman killed in Italian quake (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Turkey quake toll rises to 596 - Oct 31, 2011
- 8,000 agro jobs at risk due to Italy quakes - Jun 06, 2012
- Four killed in Italy quake - May 20, 2012
- Quake felt 70 km from Iranian nuclear plant - Feb 05, 2012
- Italian politician jumps to death - May 09, 2012
- Italian drugs, arms racket busted, 20 held - Jun 16, 2012
- 250 killed, 1,800 injured in Iran quakes - Aug 12, 2012
- 12 die in Egypt building collapse - Jul 15, 2012
- Syrian diplomats' expulsion counter-productive: Russia - May 31, 2012
- 90 killed in Iran quake - Aug 12, 2012
- Rescuers blast holes in Italian cruise liner - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: bbc, earthquake, epicentre, magnitude, man in the city, mirandola, news agency, northern italy, quake toll, ria novosti, rome, rubble, san felice sul panaro, temblor, tremors, tuscany region, vm