Italian soldier killed in AfghanistanMarch 25th, 2012 - 5:35 am ICT by IANS
Rome, March 25 (IANS) An Italian soldier died in a mortar attack Saturday on a military base in western Afghanistan.
Taliban militants carried out the attack in Gulistan district of Farah province.
Five other soldiers were injured.
Italy has deployed 4,200 soldiers in Afghanistan as part of the NATO forces, Xinhua reported.
- Dozens killed after militants ambush NATO convoy in western Afghanistan - Mar 30, 2012
- Angry Pakistan rejects NATO regret, China says it's shocked - Nov 28, 2011
- Five policemen killed in Afghan blast - Sep 02, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Six NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan - Aug 11, 2012
- 95 killed in Afghan poll violence (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Attack won't deter Italy's commitment in Afghanistan: PM - May 17, 2010
- Three civilians among 13 killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- 20 Taliban militants killed - Jun 24, 2012
- 2 US soldiers killed by militants in Afghanistan - Sep 01, 2012
- 50 Taliban killed in NATO drone strike - Aug 18, 2012
- Pakistan protests Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Nearly 40 dead in Afghan violence - Aug 09, 2012
- We thought attackers were Taliban: Pakistani soldier - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: afghanistan taliban, italian soldier, italy, march 25, militants, military base, mortar attack, nato, nato forces, rome march, soldier killed in afghanistan, taliban, western afghanistan, xinhua