Italian politician jumps to deathMay 9th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, May 9 (IANS/AKI) A 58-year-old politician in Italy died Wednesday after he allegedly jumped from a building in Bologna city.
Maurizio Cevenini was the councillor for Emilia-Romagna region and city councillor for Bologna. His body was found by a security guard.
In 2010, Cevenini withdrew his candidacy for Bologna mayor on a Democratic Party ticket after he suffered a stroke. He reportedly also suffered from depression.
He left a letter on his desk in which he wrote, “Think about by wife and daughter”, according to the La Repubblica newspaper.
- 18th century tower crumbles in Italy - Jun 04, 2012
- 6,000 displaced in Italy quake - May 22, 2012
- Italy quake toll rises to 15 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Mayor in Italy gets 10 kg trash - Jul 02, 2011
- Italian drugs, arms racket busted, 20 held - Jun 16, 2012
- 8,000 agro jobs at risk due to Italy quakes - Jun 06, 2012
- Unused Chaplin manuscript found in Italy - Jun 29, 2012
- Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port - Sep 08, 2012
- Italy quake causes $250 mn loss to farmers - May 21, 2012
- Ferrari to auction F1 items to help Italian quake victims - Jun 01, 2012
- Italian singer dies while on tour - Mar 02, 2012
- Milan keep pressure on Juventus with win over Novara - Jan 23, 2012
- Italian teacher held for giving passing grades for sex - Jun 28, 2012
- Rome mayor receives bullet through mail - Apr 14, 2011
- Gay Italian politician to run for PM in 2013 - Aug 02, 2012