`It was fair to probe Clinton-Lewinsky affair,’ says KennedySeptember 15th, 2009 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep.15 (ANI): Former US Senator Ted Kennedy, who died last month after battling brain cancer, has said the probing of the affair between former President Bill Clinton and former White House intern Monica Lewinsky was fair.
“Do I think such inquiry is fair? Absolutely. Do I think it tells the whole story of character? No, I truly do not. Human beings are much more complex than that. Some people make mistakes and try to learn from them and do better. Our sins don’t define the whole picture of who we are,” Kennedy says in his autobiography.
Commenting on Clinton’s mood during the impeachment process, Kennedy says: “Clinton’s mood seemed privately to plummet during this period. But even as he finally accepted that his presidency was imperiled, he still didn’t seem able to confront the ultimate cause.”
In telephone conversations with him, sensed that this was not yet a place he could go: the awareness that his affair with Monica Lewinsky had deeply disturbed and disheartened people. And that perhaps they were even more disturbed that he had lied about it to his wife and the members of his cabinet and allowed them to be humiliated by publicly defending a falsehood,” he added.
He said he always remained supportive of Clinton. (ANI)
- Bill Clinton documentary to be aired on PBS - Feb 20, 2012
- PBS to air documentary about Clinton Lewinsky affair - Feb 15, 2012
- Bill Clinton Wept Over Monica Lewinsky, Hugh Shelton's Memoir Claims - Oct 08, 2010
- Tony Blair explains why Bill Clinton cheated - Sep 04, 2010
- Book reveals that Bill Clinton wept over Monica Lewinsky scandal - Oct 08, 2010
- Lewinsky set to embarrass Clinton in tell-all book - Sep 19, 2012
- Monica Lewinsky 'still in love with Bill Clinton' - Mar 11, 2011
- Monica Lewinsky scandal: Brown apologizes for mocking Clinton - Sep 14, 2010
- Survey reveals that Charlie Sheen ought to be Hugh Hefner's successor - Mar 29, 2011
- Monica Lewinsky is back, says Bill Clinton lied under oath - Dec 18, 2009
- Monica Lewinsky claims Bill Clinton lied under oath about their affair - Dec 18, 2009
- Monica Lewinsky 'had her eyes on Clinton's aide before him' - Aug 17, 2010
- Ex- US President Bill Clinton Wept Over Monica Lewinsky - Oct 08, 2010
- Clinton tops Obama and others in administration: Gallup - Apr 03, 2011
- Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich 'bonded' over affairs: Armey - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: autobiography, bill clinton, brain cancer, clinton lewinsky, falsehood, former president bill clinton, human beings, impeachment process, intern monica lewinsky, lewinsky affair, presidency, president bill clinton, senator ted kennedy, ted kennedy, telephone conversations, us senator ted kennedy, white house