‘Israelis should go back to countries of origin’September 19th, 2008 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Sep 18 (DPA) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday that Iran had nothing against Israeli Jews but called on them to return to their “countries of origin”.”Although we distinguish between the people (Jews living in Israel) and the Zionist (Israeli) regime, but we neither acknowledge an Israeli government nor a nation,” Ahmadinejad said in a press conference in Tehran.
“We have no problems with these people (Israelis) but they should leave the occupied territories, leave them to their genuine owners and get back to their countries and homes where they originally came from,” he added.
Ahmadinejad has attracted international condemnation in the last three years with his anti-Israeli tirades and by doubting the historical dimensions of the Holocaust in the Second World War. He has however constantly rejected anti-Semitism charges.
“The Holocaust is a lie and the real Holocaust is happening to the Palestinians,” he said Thursday, reiterating his antagonistic approach towards the Holocaust.
Ahmadinejad reiterated that Iran would never acknowledge the sovereignty of the Israeli state and stand besides the Palestinians “both politically and spiritually” until liberation of their occupied territories.
“The Zionist regime (Israel) is going towards its final collapse after 60 years of aggression. The final solution would be a referendum on Palestine’s future fate with the participation of all Palestinians, regardless of whether Moslems, Jews or Christians,” he said.
Ahmadinejad did not comment on the election of Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni as the new leader of Israel’s ruling Kadima party.
- Iran launches website to undermine Holocaust - Aug 05, 2010
- Israel is cancerous tumour: Ahmadinejad - Aug 17, 2012
- EU condemns Ahmadinejad's comments on Holocaust - Sep 21, 2009
- Continue resistance against Israel, Iran's leader tells Hamas - Dec 16, 2009
- Ahmadinejad predicts failure of Mideast talks - Sep 03, 2010
- Iran's president says Holocaust 'fairy tale' - Sep 18, 2009
- Palestinians not optimistic about peace with new Israeli government - May 09, 2012
- Document provides proof of French Nazi leader's anti-Semitism: Expert - Oct 04, 2010
- Iran publishes cartoon book on Holocaust - Sep 26, 2008
- Ahmadinejad promises Hamas continued support against Israel - Dec 14, 2009
- Holocaust is not of Iran's business: Larijani - Feb 15, 2009
- Israel President denies calling British 'anti-Semites' - Aug 02, 2010
- EU condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats - Feb 14, 2012
- 'Judaism' most popular religion in the US - Dec 25, 2010
- Israeli pageant crowns Miss Holocaust Survivor - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: dimensions of the holocaust, foreign minister tzipi livni, international condemnation, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, israeli jews, mahmoud ahmadinejad, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, tzipi livni, zionist regime israel