Israeli Bollywood-style film deemed worst marketing flick in historyMarch 11th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Jerusalem, Mar.11 (ANI): A Bollywood-style dance film produced by an Israeli arms company — Rafael Advanced Defense Systems has been described in the blogosphere as possibly one of the worst marketing films in history.
The film, produced by Rafael for the Aero India Expo held in Bangalore last month, features actors in full Bollywood costume singing in English about bolstering Indo-Israeli defense ties.
Israel recently overtook Russia as the main defense supplier to India after breaking the one billion dollar mark in new contracts signed annually over the past two years.
In August, the Indian Defense Ministry approved a 2.5 billion dollar joint IAI-Rafael deal to develop a new and advanced version of the Spyder surface-to-air system.
Later this month, India is scheduled to receive the first of three new Phalcon Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) developed for the Indian Air Force by IAI. The sides are in talks for the possible purchase of another three AWACS.
The Danger Room blog on the Wired Web site called the film possibly the “most atrocious defense video of all time.” The FlightGlobal Web site called it a “catastrophic collision of Bollywood and the arms industry.”
In the film, one male and several sari-clad actresses are seen dancing next to different Rafael missiles.
Rafael dismissed the criticism of its film and said that it made movies with a local theme for every international defense expo. (ANI)
- Israeli defence chief coming to India - Dec 08, 2009
- Israeli defence delegation to visit India next week - Dec 03, 2009
- Israeli military delegation to visit India to strengthen ties (Lead) - Dec 03, 2009
- Israeli pavilion showcased latest weaponry to woo India - Feb 16, 2009
- India gets set to receive more Israel AWACS - May 24, 2009
- Israel, India discuss delivery schedule of weapons - Dec 09, 2009
- India and Israel in anti-terror front (Lead) - Dec 22, 2009
- India, Israel discuss cooperation against terror - Dec 22, 2009
- Israel to test next-generation missile defense system - Mar 02, 2012
- Israeli Navy chief inspects guard of honour, meets his Indian counterpart - Jan 19, 2010
- Israel worried over Syrian missiles to Hezbollah - Mar 20, 2012
- India's second AWACS eye-in-the-sky to arrive in March - Jan 17, 2010
- Pakistan commits to Chinese surface-to-air missile systems - Nov 18, 2010
- India's first advanced radar system to roll out end-2011 - Nov 09, 2010
- Agra air base ready to receive AWACS - Sep 27, 2008
Tags: aero india, blogosphere, bollywood, catastrophic collision, dance film, danger room, defense ministry, dollar mark, flick, iai, indian air force, indo, israeli arms, israeli defense, missiles, one billion, sari, spyder, style dance, surface to air