Israeli airstrikes in Gaza kill two PalestiniansMay 3rd, 2009 - 7:44 am ICT by IANS
Gaza, May 3 (Xinhua) Two Palestinians were killed and four wounded in a series of Israeli army airstrikes on the border between southern Gaza Strip and Egypt, medics and security sources said.
The security sources of Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip said that Israeli jets targeted three underground tunnels Saturday by air-to-ground missiles near the town of Rafah.
Residents in the town said they heard a series of bomb explosions in the area, adding that they saw Israeli F16 warplanes hovering over the area.
Gaza emergency chief Moaweya Hassanein said that later in the afternoon, rescue teams found the bodies of two Palestinians.
An Israeli army spokesman confirmed that Israeli jets carried out the airstrikes adding that three tunnels used for smuggling were destroyed.
- Israeli jets hit Hamas targets in Gaza, nine hurt - Jul 31, 2010
- Israeli jets raid Gaza - Feb 12, 2012
- Israeli planes strike Gaza - Sep 16, 2010
- Israeli jets strike Gaza smuggling tunnels - Feb 03, 2010
- Two killed in Israeli air strikes on Gaza - Mar 05, 2009
- Five Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrike - Oct 30, 2011
- One killed after Israeli air strikes hit the Gaza Strip in response to rocket fire - Aug 17, 2011
- Israeli airstrikes wound 10 in Gaza - Mar 20, 2010
- Israeli planes attack Hamas sites in Gaza - Feb 26, 2011
- Hamas leader killed in Israeli airstrike (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Two killed, three missing as Gaza tunnel collapses - Sep 12, 2009
- Around 16,500 Palestinians cross Egypt's border with Gaza - Jun 25, 2010
- 15 injured in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza - May 26, 2010
- Israeli warplanes hit Hamas targets in Gaza - Jul 01, 2010
- Ten wounded in Israeli strikes on Gaza - Nov 22, 2009
Tags: army spokesman, bomb explosions, egypt, f16, gaza strip, hamas, israeli airstrikes, israeli army, israeli jets, medics, missiles, palestinians gaza, security sources, southern gaza strip, underground tunnels, xinhua