Israel will hit anyone planning to attack its citizens: PMMarch 11th, 2012 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
Tel Aviv, March 11 (IANS) Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Saturday that Israel would continue to strike at any group trying to attack Israeli citizens.
“We will continue to hit whoever plans to attack citizens of the State of Israel,” Netanyahu said while meeting with regional council heads in the south, where over 100 rockets from Gaza have fallen since Friday.
“At the same time, we will continue to improve home front defense including by means of additional Iron Dome systems, the effectiveness of which was shown again over the weekend,” he added.
The Iron Dome system intercepted 27 of the 29 rockets it targeted. The missile defense system is designed to only intercept rockets identified as heading toward populated areas, reported Xinhua.
Also Saturday, Palestinians said that an Israeli air strike killed two people riding on a motorcycle in Gaza’s Khan Younis, bringing the total number of militants reportedly killed to 14.
On Friday afternoon, an Israeli Air Force strike in Gaza killed the leader of the Popular Resistance Committee (PRC), Zuhair al-Qaisi, who was believed to be planning a large terror attack on Israel’s southern border.
- Israel lauds its anti-rocket system - Mar 12, 2012
- US concerned about attacks in Israel - Mar 11, 2012
- One killed after Israeli air strikes hit the Gaza Strip in response to rocket fire - Aug 17, 2011
- Israeli strike kills two in Gaza, Israel deploys anti-missile system - Mar 27, 2011
- Israel fears more rocket attacks - Mar 27, 2012
- Obama discusses Middle East peace with Netanyahu - Aug 11, 2011
- Two rockets fired from Gaza into Israel despite announced ceasefire - Apr 16, 2011
- Israel to deploy anti-missile system - Feb 20, 2012
- US to give $680 mn for Israel's anti-missile system - May 14, 2012
- Pentagon backs expanding Israel's Iron Dome - Mar 28, 2012
- US funding for Israeli air defence - May 18, 2012
- Israel retaliates for rocket attack with air strikes on Gaza strip - Jul 31, 2010
- Israel, US call off joint military drill - Jan 16, 2012
- Israel under 'international assault of hypocrisy': Netanyahu - Jun 03, 2010
- Israeli planes attack Hamas sites in Gaza - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: benjamin netanyahu, dome system, dome systems, friday afternoon, gaza, iron dome, israeli air force, israeli citizens, israeli prime minister, minister benjamin netanyahu, missile defense system, prc, prime minister benjamin, regional council, rockets, southern border, state of israel, terror attack, xinhua, zuhair