Israel to use all means to stop Iran’s nuclear programmeFebruary 16th, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Israel supports the use of all possible ways to stop Iran’s nuclear program, the country’s ambassador to Russia Dorit Golender said Thursday.
“We are in favour of the first place to use all ways to stop Iran’s nuclear programme,” the ambassador said.
Golender also said that Israel is trying to solve all conflicts through peaceful means.
She added that Israel supports all sanctions aimed at halting Iran’s work on its nuclear programme. “But Israel has its own information how this work is being done,” Golender said.
The US and European countries have tightened sanctions against Tehran in recent weeks, leading to spiralling inflation in Iran. A European Union ban on Iranian oil imports will come into force by July.
Iran has threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz, a vital Gulf oil shipping route, in response. It has also vowed a “painful” reply to any attack.
Western powers and Israel suspect Iran of seeking to build nuclear weapons. Iran denies this, saying its programme is of a civilian nature.
- EU accepts Iran talks offer - Mar 06, 2012
- Moscow urges Iran to respond to IAEA concerns - Feb 27, 2012
- Iran oil exports to South Korea up 48 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran to hold biggest naval war games - Jan 06, 2012
- Iran talks resume in Baghdad - May 24, 2012
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
- US seeks EU sanctions to force Iran back into talks - Jan 21, 2012
- Russia rules out Iran sanctions - Feb 16, 2012
- 'EU sanctions on Iran may push oil prices to $150' - Jan 30, 2012
- Iran to shut Hormuz Strait if threatened: Officials - Jul 07, 2012
- Tehran threatens to block Strait of Hormuz - Dec 28, 2011
- Iran reports arrests of 'several' US spies - Jan 09, 2012
- Iranian leader threatens to increase uranium enrichment - Jul 23, 2012
- West seeks Iran regime change: Putin - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: ambassador, conflicts, dg, dorit, european countries, european union, favour, gulf oil, inflation, iranian oil, moscow, nuclear program, nuclear weapons, oil imports, ria novosti, sanctions, shipping route, snb, tehran, union ban