Israel successfully tests Arrow 2 defense systemApril 8th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Jerusalem, Apr.8 (ANI): The Israel Air Force conducted its 17th test of the newly upgraded Arrow 2 missile defense system on Tuesday.
The Jerusalem Post quoted officials as saying that it was capable of intercepting an Iranian nuclear missile.
The Arrow interceptor was launched from the Palmahim Base at around 11 a.m. after the Blue Sparrow Missile - developed to mimic an Iranian Shihab 3 missile - was fired from an F-15 fighter jet over the Mediterranean Sea.
Tuesday’s test was the first time a modified version of the Arrow 2 was launched and operated in conjunction with a new and more advanced model of the Green Pine radar system.
The high-powered American X-Band radar, deployed in the Negev Desert in late 2008 as a farewell gift from then-US president George W. Bush, also participated in the test and tracked the incoming target. (ANI)
- Israel to test missile defence system - Mar 02, 2012
- Israel to test next-generation missile defense system - Mar 02, 2012
- India successfully tests interceptor missile defence system - Mar 06, 2011
- US missile defence site in Qatar: Report - Jul 18, 2012
- U.S. missile defense test fails - Feb 02, 2010
- India successfully test-fires missile interceptor (Second Lead) (With Images) - Mar 06, 2011
- US attempt to test mimick Iran strike fails - Feb 02, 2010
- US military conducts 'most challenging' ballistic missile defense test - Apr 16, 2011
- India successfully test-fires missile interceptor (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Israel, US sign deal to develop Arrow 3 anti-missile system - Jul 26, 2010
- India successfully test-fires interceptor missile in Orissa - Jul 26, 2010
- Russian Air Force tests new missile - Jan 25, 2012
- Spain to host elements of NATO anti-missile shield - Oct 06, 2011
- Iran successfully tests Fateh-110 missile - Aug 26, 2010
- Proposed US defence radar on Czech soil was 'blind' to long-range missiles: Wikileaks - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: american x, arrow, band radar, farewell gift, fighter jet, george w bush, interceptor, israel air force, jerusalem post, mediterranean sea, missile defense system, modified version, negev desert, nuclear missile, president george w bush, radar system, shihab 3, sparrow missile, target, x band