Israel issues global terror warning amid Hezbollah threatFebruary 15th, 2008 - 1:55 pm ICT by admin
Jerusalem, Feb 15 (Xinhua) The Israeli Counter Terrorism Bureau has issued a worldwide travel advisory, warning Israelis against possible abduction attempts abroad in the wake of the assassination of Hezbollah commander Imad Moughniyah. Thursday’s warning came after Lebanon’s Shia group Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah vowed to retaliate against Israeli targets for its alleged involvement in the assassination.
“Hezbollah charges Israel time and again with Imad Moughniyah’s death, a fact that may increase Hezbollah terror threats on Israeli targets abroad,” said the warning.
Israeli army and embassies were also instructed to raise the alert level. The Bureau advised Israelis abroad to avoid attending large gatherings, and has upped its abduction warning, especially for those who have business connections with Arab and Muslim business people.
Additional representative bodies, such as Israel’s airline and Jewish Agency branches overseas, have also been instructed to heighten their alert level.
Moughniyah was killed in a car bombing in a residential neighbourhood in the Syrian capital Damascus Tuesday night.
Hezbollah accused Israel of ordering the assassination, but Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s office denied any involvement.
- Hezbollah denies having chemical weapons - Sep 05, 2012
- Israel on alert for Syrian weapons - Jul 19, 2012
- Syria was shocked at top Hezbollah operative's assassination two yrs back: Wikileaks - Dec 08, 2010
- Hezbollah link to Israeli car blast? - Feb 13, 2012
- Police guarding Lebanese envoy's house in Syria killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Israel warns of threat of Hezbollah attack - Feb 02, 2009
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Israel closely monitoring Syrian violence - Jul 19, 2012
- Hezbollah chief praises Israeli border clash as 'heroic' - Aug 04, 2010
- Hezbollah might attack Israeli target to help Iran: Israel - Feb 21, 2011
- Assange interviews Hezbollah chief on Russian channel - Apr 18, 2012
- Hezbollah threatens to strike Israeli ships - May 26, 2010
- Syria denies probing Hezbollah commander's killing - Feb 17, 2008
- 'Terrorists may get hold of Syrian chemical weapons' - Jun 12, 2012
- Lebanese Shias mourning death of leader Fadlallah (Lead) - Jul 04, 2010
Tags: business connections, car bombing, counter terrorism, hezbollah, hezbollah leader, israel time, israeli army, israeli prime minister, israeli prime minister ehud olmert, israeli targets, jewish agency, muslim business, prime minister ehud olmert, representative bodies, residential neighbourhood, sayyed hassan nasrallah, shia, syrian capital damascus, travel advisory, xinhua