Israel favours joint R&D; ventures with ChinaApril 2nd, 2012 - 4:33 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, April 2 (IANS) Israeli cabinet has moved to strengthen bilateral trade ties with China by voting to support joint industrial research and development projects between the two countries.
The Chief Scientist’s Office at the Industry, Trade and Labour Ministry is going to oversee the agreement, which will join 45 other bilateral accords aimed at encouraging cooperation between Israeli and international companies, Xinhua reported.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lavished praise on the agreement, telling ministers at the weekly cabinet meeting that Israel and China “together are a winning combination because we are two nations with magnificent traditions who also adopt modernism.”
Netanyahu said Israel is pursuing an ambitious goal of $10 billion in exports to China over the next three years.
“The agreement (ratified Sunday) is one of the most important tools we have to promote trade ties with China, as well as the establishment of a special fund to support (Israeli) companies operating in China and India,” said Industry, Trade and Labour Minister Shalom Simhon, according to a statement released by the Prime Minister’s Bureau.
- Israeli PM seeks world to set 'red line' for Iran - Sep 03, 2012
- India calls for stepping up anti-terror effort with Israel - Jan 10, 2012
- India, Israel sign extradition pact, to forge anti-terror strategy (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Israel, Russia sign space cooperation agreement - Mar 27, 2011
- The struggle is not over: Israeli PM on 9/11 - Sep 11, 2011
- Netanyahu promises to keep Supreme Court 'independent' - Feb 29, 2012
- Majority of Israelis dissatisfied with Netanyahu - Aug 02, 2012
- Netanyahu injured in friendly soccer match - Jun 12, 2012
- Israel criticises Palestinian president's UN speech - Sep 24, 2011
- Russia urges Israel to halt settlement construction - Nov 03, 2011
- Netanyahu calls for early polls in Israel - May 07, 2012
- Free education for children in Israel - Jan 09, 2012
- Israel nod for Quartet peace plan, urges Palestinian acceptance - Oct 02, 2011
- Israeli PM's father passes away - Apr 30, 2012
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
Tags: ambitious goal, benjamin netanyahu, bilateral trade, cabinet meeting, chief scientist, development projects, favours, important tools, israeli cabinet, israeli companies, israeli prime minister, labour minister, labour ministry, minister benjamin netanyahu, modernism, prime minister benjamin, research and development, trade ties, winning combination, xinhua