Israel could strike Iran if US does not rein in its nuke ambitions: NetanyahuApril 1st, 2009 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.1 (ANI): Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned that if US President Obama doesn’t act to stop Iran developing a nuclear weapon, the Israelis may be forced to attack Iran.
An article titled, “Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran-Or I Will” in The Atlantic makes the threat of a unilateral strike on Iran’s nuclear sites very explicit, reports CBS.
“You don’t want a messianic apocalyptic cult controlling atomic bombs. When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death, then the entire world should start worrying, and that is what is happening in Iran,” Netanyahu told The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg.
“The Obama presidency has two great missions: fixing the economy, and preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapons,” the hardline Israeli leader said, just hours before taking the reigns of the government for a second time on Tuesday.
Tempering the you-do-it-or-we-will tone of the article, Goldberg adds that Netanyahu did voice support for President Obama’s effort to end Tehran’s quest for a nuclear weapon. (ANI)
- Israeli PM seeks world to set 'red line' for Iran - Sep 03, 2012
- Netanyahu wants US to threaten attack on Iran - Feb 29, 2012
- US to ask Israel to let sanctions affect Iran - Mar 04, 2012
- Israel leaders misleading public on Iran: Ex-security chief - Apr 28, 2012
- Still a window for diplomacy on Iran: Obama - Mar 06, 2012
- Iran seeking to build nuclear weapon: Cameron - Mar 07, 2012
- Israel reiterates call for sanctions on Iran - Nov 25, 2011
- Israeli minister demands air, sea blockade on Iran - Mar 06, 2012
- Panetta vows military action against Iran - Mar 07, 2012
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
- US, Britain planning to attack Iran: Report - Nov 03, 2011
- Israel may attack Iran before US election: Report - Aug 23, 2012
- We can't wait long for diplomacy to work: Israel PM - Mar 06, 2012
- World approaching 'military option' on Iran: Israel - Nov 05, 2011
- Majority of Israelis oppose unilateral Iran strike: Poll - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: ambitions, apocalyptic cult, atomic bombs, believer, benjamin netanyahu, entire world, israeli leader, israeli prime minister, israelis, jeffrey goldberg, mass death, minister benjamin netanyahu, nuclear weapon, nuclear weapons, obama, presidency, prime minister benjamin, reins, tehran, voice support