Israel among top arms exporters in world: ReportAugust 29th, 2012 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Aug 28 (IANS) Israel is one of the top exporters of weapons, with sales worth $12.9 billion between 2004 and 2011, according to a newly-released American report examining global arms’ transfers.
According to the report, Israel is not only one of the world’s top arms exporters but also one of the biggest buyers, and it exports weapons mainly to developing countries.
The report titled Conventional Arms Transfers to Developing Nations prepared by the Congressional Research Service (CRS), reported Xinhua citing the Globes economic daily.
The CRS provides legal analysis and information for committees and members of the US Congress.
- US wants to sell drones to India - Dec 15, 2011
- Chinese weapons fall into hands of militants: WikiLeaks - Feb 03, 2011
- Worldwide weapons sales fell in 2010: Report - Sep 24, 2011
- US' 'mother of all' 60 billion dollar arms deal with Saudi Arabia - Sep 14, 2010
- US, Russia account for half of world arms sales: report - Mar 15, 2010
- India is third largest buyer of US arms - Dec 08, 2011
- Israel to hand over historical building to Russia - Jun 26, 2012
- US report showers praise on Narendra Modi - Sep 15, 2011
- Iran no threat to Israel: Mossad chief - Dec 30, 2011
- Russia ranked 2nd biggest global arms exporter - Dec 23, 2011
- Israeli drone sensor pinpoint terror sites - Jun 18, 2012
- Unlimited penalty for defaulting on defence offsets - Aug 02, 2012
- Iran developing n-powered submarine - Jun 13, 2012
- India world's largest combat aircraft buyer: Report - Nov 11, 2010
- Russia to deliver ammunition worth $1 bn to India - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: committees, congressional research service, congressional research service crs, conventional arms transfers, conventional arms transfers to developing nations, developing countries, economic daily, global arms, globes, israel, jerusalem, us congress, weapons, xinhua