Is Rihanna’s Sanskrit tattoo incorrect?April 14th, 2009 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 14 (IANS) Singer Rihanna has a Sanskrit passage tattooed above her right hip which means “forgiveness, honesty, suppression and control”. But an expert of the language claims that it is written incorrectly.
The tattoo, taken from the Hindu holy text of Gita, was designed by New York artist BangBang, who has also inked Rihanna’s controversial gun design under her right armpit.
Sanskrit expert Mark Fielden claims that it is written incorrectly, reported femalefirst.co.uk.
The “Umbrella” singer was also spotted visiting a tattoo parlour with a friend in California over the weekend.
“It is true we did visit a tattoo parlour together but I can’t say if we got anything done because that is personal,” the friend said.
- Rihanna's Gita-inspired tattoo is 'incorrectly written' - Apr 14, 2009
- Huggens, Tisdale get new tattoos - Sep 11, 2011
- Hinduism pro livid over stars' misspelled Sanskrit tattoos - Apr 21, 2009
- Rihanna gets 'gun' tattooed on her ribs - Mar 27, 2009
- Rowland shows off her first tattoo - Feb 18, 2011
- Van Gogh painting inspires Sheeran's new tattoo - Jul 28, 2012
- Tattoo artists asked to get their Sanskrit right - Apr 21, 2009
- Sheen to get secret tattoo - Apr 13, 2011
- Hudgens gets her first tattoo - Feb 19, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan gets new tattoo - Jan 10, 2012
- Katie Price gets her 'Pete' tattoo covered up - May 02, 2011
- Sanskrit tattoos hot fad with world celebrities - Sep 19, 2009
- Rihanna's Tupac tattoo causes a stir - Jan 26, 2012
- Rihanna gets grammar wrong on new tattoo - Aug 16, 2010
- Bieber reveals his new tattoo - May 26, 2011