Irish woman found guilty of raping another womanDecember 3rd, 2010 - 4:39 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 3 (ANI): A jury has found an Irish woman guilty of raping another woman in a toilet cubicle at an inner Brisbane hotel.
Anne-Marie O’Loughlin had pleaded not guilty in the Brisbane District Court to two counts of rape, deprivation of liberty and sexual assault.
But now, O’Loughlin has been found guilty of two rape charges and deprivation of liberty, reports News.com.au.
However, she was found not guilty of the sexual assault charge.
The court had been told the victim, who cannot be named, was at the Caxton Street Hotel with her partner and friends when she went alone to the bathroom and was raped by O’Loughlin on November 29, 2008.
O’Loughlin first kissed the victim, who kissed her back in a bid to escape, the court was told.
But when the victim tried to leave, O’Loughlin grabbed her by the hair, slammed her head into a wall and pulled her into a toilet cubicle.
The court was told O’Loughlin then digitally raped the woman.
O’Loughlin left before security came but she forgot her purse containing identification and it was picked up by the victim.
O’Loughlin was detained outside the hotel and later told police she had only kissed the woman in the toilets.
The trial heard samples of skin found under O’Loughlin’s fingernails matched the victim’s DNA. (ANI)
- Aussie woman charged with raping another woman - Nov 29, 2010
- Irish female rapist told to get help for 'sexual aggression' - Feb 18, 2011
- Irish woman accused of raping female says she just kissed the victim - Dec 01, 2010
- Peeping Tom claims gender issues made him peek into women's toilet cubicle - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Thanks,' lawyer tells rape victim - Dec 08, 2010
- Florist gets 10-year jail for raping octogenarian - Jan 31, 2012
- Former Israeli president found guilty of rape - Dec 30, 2010
- 62-yr-old college principal jailed for 15 yrs for raping student - Dec 07, 2010
- Peeping Tom Declan Crosbie sentenced for peeping into Olympic changing rooms - Aug 15, 2012
- Indian-origin men 'rape Oz woman in car' - Jan 08, 2011
- Sikh cabbie in Australia avoids jail sentence over sex assault charges - Jul 13, 2010
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Woman assaulted, raped by neighbour - Apr 03, 2011
- Blackmail rapist jailed for 19 years - Jan 14, 2012
- British soldier jailed for rape - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: assault charge, brisbane hotel, caxton street, dna, fingernails, irish woman, liberty reports, loughlin, melbourne, news com au, purse, rape charges, sexual assault, street hotel, toilet cubicle, toilets