Irish origin US lawmakers will be quaffing Guinness, downing bangers on St. Patricks DayMarch 18th, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 18 (ANI): US lawmakers of Irish origin would be off quaffing Guinness and downing bangers and mash on St. Patricks Day.
Senator Claire McCaskill cant stop raving about the only place she sees fit to have a real Irish breakfast on St. Patricks Day.
Brownes Market in Kansas City is not really a bar, but a neighborhood market and deli gathering spot thats very Irish and wonderful, Politico quoted McCaskill, as saying.
Senator Jim McDermott said: I know my ancestors had a drink there approximately 200 years ago, before they came to the US in the famine, McDermott said.
Irish congressman Michael McCaul has been known to enjoy the corned beef and cabbage at The Dubliner on Capitol Hill, which is undoubtedly overrun today with revellers.
The Tipperary Pub in Detroit. It wasnt a dive. It was very high-class for an Irish pub in Detroit. The glasses were clean, Republican Thaddeus McCotter said.
Although McCotter is 75 percent Irish, the locale has sentimental value for other reasons as well.
It was there I knew I would marry my wife, McCotter said. His first date with his wife was at the Tipperary, and McCotter even used to play guitar there from time to time.
Senator Jim McGovern loves a dish named after himself McGoverns boneless pork chops and stuffing is available at OConnors Restaurant & Bar in Worcester, Mass., a favourite locale of his since it opened years ago. (ANI)
- Feds arrest, charge California man with threatening WA Congressman McDermott - Jan 13, 2011
- Olivia Newton John's lost ex-flame 'sends voice clues' - Apr 01, 2010
- Olivia Newton-John's ex-lover offers DNA sample to prove he's alive - May 31, 2010
- Missouri Senator Says Up To 6600 Graves At Arlington Could Be Misidentified - Jul 29, 2010
- Tori Spelling names daughter - Oct 13, 2011
- Obama's Irish ancestry revealed in online database - Mar 15, 2011
- Olivia Newton-John's ex flame 'living in a small Mexican town' - Apr 04, 2010
- Avoid public criticism of Pakistan, Zardari urges US - Nov 08, 2011
- Fort Hood shooter wired money to Pakistan, claims US lawmaker - Nov 14, 2009
- Canadian Celebrity, Dean McDermott, Becomes A Citizen Of The US - Aug 22, 2010
- Tori Spelling rushed to hospital - Oct 31, 2011
- McDermott hailed for turning around Australian pace attack - Dec 29, 2011
- Pub to be opened inside Rhode Island funeral home - Sep 28, 2010
- Superintendent of Arlington National Cemetery: '6,600 graves misidentified' - Jul 29, 2010
- Harry Knox Faces Opposition From Republicans For His Comments On Pope - Feb 06, 2010
Tags: bangers and mash, boneless pork chops, claire mccaskill, congressman michael mccaul, corned beef and cabbage, dubliner, irish breakfast, irish origin, irish pub, jim mcdermott, jim mcgovern, michael mccaul, neighborhood market, revellers, senator claire mccaskill, sentimental value, st patricks day, thaddeus mccotter, tipperary, worcester mass