Iraqi journalist hurls his shoes at `Dog Bush in BaghdadDecember 15th, 2008 - 11:25 am ICT by ANI
Baghdad (Iraq), Dec.15 (ANI): Outgoing UD President George W. Bush was pelted with two shoes on Sunday during a press conference here, but managed to duck both.
According to The Sun, an Iraqi TV journalist hurled the shoes at Bush during a joint press briefing with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki after the signing of a troop withdrawal agreement.
Muntadar al-Zeidi, a TV reporter with an Iraqi-owned station based in Egypt, hurled the shoes, yelling in Arabic: This is a farewell kiss, dog.
Bush, however, shrugged off the bizarre attack by saying Im okay, before joking later: All I can report is it was a size ten.
Its like driving down the street and having people not gesturing with all five fingers, he added.
White House press secretary Dana Perino was hit in the eye with a microphone as guards rushed to grab al-Zeidi.
To Arabs, throwing shoes at someone is a sign of contempt. (ANI)
- White House: Punishment of shoe-thrower up to Iraq - Dec 17, 2008
- Iran hails Iraq's 'growing influence' - Apr 24, 2012
- Iraqi journo who threw shoes at Bush faces trial - Feb 09, 2009
- White House mulls shoe check in, check out policy for pressers! - Dec 17, 2008
- Iraqi reporter who hurled shoes at Bush "unclear" about his future - Sep 18, 2009
- Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist released - Sep 15, 2009
- Now, only reporters sans shoes can query Bush at pressers! - Dec 16, 2008
- Iraqi shoe thrower's release delayed by a day, says his brother - Sep 14, 2009
- Iraq shares concern over Syrian issue: Annan (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- IFJ wants journalist who attacked Bush released - Dec 16, 2008
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Shoe throwing Iraqi journalist's release from jail postponed by a day - Sep 14, 2009
- Iraq to help in solving Syrian crisis - Jul 11, 2012
- Japan pledges $750 mn for Iraq's development - Nov 23, 2011
- Obama says US asking Iran to return downed drone - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: arabs, baghdad iraq, bush in baghdad, contempt, dana perino, farewell kiss, five fingers, george w bush, iraqi journalist, iraqi tv, microphone, nouri al maliki, president george w bush, press secretary, prime minister nouri al maliki, throwing shoes, troop withdrawal, tv journalist, tv reporter, white house press