Iraq, Iran may ink oil deal: ministerFebruary 6th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Feb 6 (IANS) Iraq’s Oil Minister Hussein al-Shahristani has said that the Iran-Iraq talks on joint oilfields were going ahead well and an oil deal was expected to be signed by March 20, IRNA reported. The agreement is to be inked in line with Iraq’ efforts to develop its oilfields and increase oil and gas exports, Shahristani said.
Spokesperson for Iraqi oil ministry Asem Jahad said that his country intends to develop its oilfields based on a five-year plan and increase its oil export to four million barrels a day from 1,700,000.
The Iraqi oil minister anticipated that his country’s oil exports would reach two million barrels a day by March 20.
He hoped that following the agreement, they would be able to extract oil from joint oilfields.
Shahristani also said that 30 foreign companies have announced their readiness to participate in Iraqi oil projects.
Iraq’s economy is dependent on petrodollars as its budget bill has not yet been approved by the parliament due to fall in oil prices.
- Iraq signs gas deal with Pakistani energy firm - Jul 16, 2012
- Iraq signs first oil contract with foreign consortium in 36 years - Nov 04, 2009
- Iraq nominates oil expert as OPEC chief - Mar 06, 2012
- 'India declined to sell nuclear technology to Iran, Iraq and Libya' - May 30, 2012
- Ecuador signs deals to boost oil output - Feb 02, 2012
- Thousands of Iraqis protest against foreign intervention - Sep 17, 2011
- Iraq to seek US nuclear technology: report - Nov 23, 2009
- Smugglers in Iraq Blunt Sanctions Against Tehran - Jul 09, 2010
- U.S. officially ends nearly nine-year-long war in Iraq - Dec 15, 2011
- EU, Iraq sign energy cooperation pact - Jan 19, 2010
- Shell and Petronas win rights to massive Iraqi oil field - Dec 11, 2009
- Iranian troops partially withdraw from Iraqi oil well - Dec 20, 2009
- Iraqis demand end to American occupation - Apr 10, 2011
- Iran to export diesel to Iraq - Jun 23, 2011
- 'Only 17,000 US soldiers left in Iraq' - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: asem, baghdad, budget bill, gas exports, iraq talks, iraqi oil, irna, jahad, oil and gas, oil deal, oil export, oil exports, oil minister, oil ministry, oil prices, oil projects, oilfields, petrodollars, spokesperson, two million