Iran’s talk with IAEA constructive: Iranian envoyAugust 25th, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 25 (IANS) Iranian permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh said the new round of negotiations between the Islamic republic and the IAEA was “constructive”.
The remarks came after senior IAEA officials met an Iranian delegation in Vienna on Friday, reported Xinhua citing Iran’s Press TV.
The meeting was aimed at further discussions on a structured approach to resolve the outstanding issues relating to Iran’s nuclear programme.
The IAEA team included Deputy Director General for Safeguards Herman Nackaerts and Assistant Director General for Policy Rafael Mariano Grossi.
“We had about eight hours of intensive discussions. The meeting was in a constructive environment… We mostly tried to bridge the gaps because there are some differences in the structure, approach or modality for resolving the issues,” Soltanieh told Press TV Friday.
“There is a progress but of course there are still some points that have to be worked out at a later stage,” said Soltanieh.
“These are issues regarding allegations (against Iran), which we have in many cases proved that they are baseless and with political motivation,” he added.
Soltanieh added that “these allegations will be dealt with in a professional and technical manner”.
Iran is “on the right track” and “normal activities of Iran with the agency and (the IAEA’s) normal inspection (of Iran’s nuclear facilities) is continuing without any difficulty,” the report quoted him as saying.
- IAEA officials to meet Iranian delegation Friday - Aug 22, 2012
- No progress in n-inspection talks with Iran: IAEA - Jun 09, 2012
- IAEA team arrives in Iran - Jan 29, 2012
- Iran invites IAEA inspectors to visit n-sites - Dec 22, 2011
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
- Enter dialogues 'without pre-condition', Iran urged - Mar 08, 2012
- IAEA team in Tehran for talks - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran criticises IAEA for leaking its scientists' identity - Nov 19, 2011
- IAEA to send high-level team to Iran - Nov 18, 2011
- Iranian lawmakers call for review of cooperation with IAEA - Nov 14, 2011
- 'IAEA resolution not to stop Iran's nuclear programme' - Nov 20, 2011
- IAEA wants Iran to comply without delay on n-issue - Sep 14, 2012
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- Nuclear Summit Decision Not Binding On Absent Nations, Says Ali Asghar Soltanieh - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: ali asghar, assistant director general, atomic energy agency, constructive environment, deputy director, eight hours, gaps, intensive discussions, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iranian delegation, modality, nuclear facilities, political motivation, rafael mariano, safeguards, structure approach, technical manner, xinhua