‘Iran’s Islamic Revolution inspired Palestinians’February 10th, 2009 - 5:18 am ICT by IANS
Tabriz (Azarbaijan), Feb 10 (IANS) The Hamas movement fighting the Israeli security forces to establish an independent Palestinian state has said that Iran’s Islamic Revolution inspired the group to continue its struggle.
Abu Osama Abd al-Muati, Hamas representative in Tehran, said Iran’s successful Islamic revolution of the 1970s inspired the Palestinian people to continue its fight against the Israeli occupation in their territories.
Al-Muati said Hamas’ 22-day war against Israel, which ended after Tel Aviv announced a ceasefire Jan 18, was a victory for the Islamic movement and the Palestinian people in Gaza.
The Hamas official, who spent nearly three decades in Israeli jails, said the Palestinian resistance movement has received unfailing support from Iran.
“The Iranian leadership, government and the nation have always been great supporter for the Palestinian people and their holy aspiration,” IRNA Monday quoted the Hamas official as saying.
He said the latest initiative by the US government to beign talks with Tehran “is an achievement for the (Iran’s) Islamic movement”.
- Abbas not to hold bilateral talks with Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Palestinian reconciliation unlikely in 2012: Hamas official - Mar 31, 2012
- Israeli planes attack Hamas sites in Gaza - Feb 26, 2011
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Hamas leader to attend NAM summit in Iran - Aug 25, 2012
- Iran expresses solidarity with Palestinians - Dec 28, 2008
- Israeli-Palestinian prisoner swap deal to start Tuesday - Oct 15, 2011
- Two killed in Israeli strike against Gaza - Jul 22, 2010
- Palestinians not optimistic about peace with new Israeli government - May 09, 2012
- Five Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrike - Oct 30, 2011
- Israel may resolve Middle East crisis unilaterally: Minister - May 31, 2012
- Israel fears more rocket attacks - Mar 27, 2012
- Seize Israeli soldiers to swap for Palestinian prisoners: Hamas - Oct 07, 2011
- 'Press Israel to meet Palestinian prisoners' demands' - May 08, 2012
Tags: abd, aspiration, azarbaijan, ceasefire, gaza, hamas, hamas movement, independent palestinian state, islamic movement, islamic revolution, israeli jails, israeli occupation, israeli security forces, osama, palestinian resistance, palestinians, resistance movement, tabriz, tehran, three decades