Iranian supreme leader criticises US support for IsraelOctober 2nd, 2011 - 3:15 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Oct 2 (IANS) Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Saturday criticised what he called US President Barack Obama’s support for Israel, a media report said.
Khamenei made the remarks during a conference aimed at offering support for the Palestinians which opened in Tehran Saturday, Xinhua reported.
“The US president says that Israel’s security is his red line,” said the Iranian leader, adding that Obama makes such remarks because he is in need of money and support from Israel’s companies to secure his second term in office.
Obama’s red line would be crossed by the Muslim nations, Khamenei was quoted as saying by the Press TV.
US president has reiterated that for any peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians the security of Israel is a pre-condition and should be guaranteed in advance.
Khamenei also urged Muslim countries to end all their ties with Israel.
- US under illusion that sanctions are affecting Iran: Khamenei - Mar 09, 2012
- Iran's supreme leader backs Kashmir 'struggle' (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iranian leader asks Muslims to remain vigilant - Aug 19, 2012
- Obama's secret message: Iran can have civilian n-programme - Apr 07, 2012
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Israel 'plans attack on Tehran within months' - Feb 04, 2012
- Is Iran President Ahmadinejad about to resign over row with Khamenei? - Apr 30, 2011
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Ayatollah Khamenei blames US, Israel for anti-Islam movie - Sep 14, 2012
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Sanctions benefited Iran, says Khamenei - Feb 03, 2012
- Defying US, India backs Palestine, reiterates ties with Iran - Sep 24, 2011
- Iran says Israel behind Quran burning plan - Sep 09, 2010
- Iran hails Iraq's 'growing influence' - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: ali khamenei, ayatollah ali khamenei, barack obama, criticised, iran, iranian leader, iranian supreme leader, israel, money, muslim countries, muslim nations, palestinians, peace deal, red line, second term, supreme leader ayatollah, supreme leader ayatollah ali khamenei, tehran, ties, xinhua