Iranian president embarks on Latin American tour (Lead)January 9th, 2012 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 8 (IANS) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad left for Venezuela Sunday to start a four-leg Latin American tour that will also take him to Nicaragua, Cuba and Ecuador, IRNA news agency reported.Ahead of his departure, Ahmadinejad told reporters that the existing relations between Iran and Latin American states are cordial and growing, Xinhua reported.
The Iranian president is scheduled to exchange views and discuss issues of mutual interests, including those concerning the Middle East and north Africa, the European economic crisis and the US ties, during this official visit, said Iran’s Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi Saturday.
The Iranian president has said that the Islamic republic gives high priority to expanding its relations with Latin American nations.
Iran has expanded ties with some Latin American states, including Venezuela, Bolivia and Brazil, since Ahmadinejad took the president office in 2005.
- Iran launches Spanish language TV channel - Feb 01, 2012
- Iranian foreign minister sacked - Dec 13, 2010
- Ahmadinejad visits Cuba - Jan 12, 2012
- Iran ready to expand ties with North Korea - Aug 28, 2012
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran to decide downed US drone's fate - Dec 18, 2011
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- Iran urges neighbours to prevent their airspace's misuse - Dec 16, 2011
- Iran ready for n-talks: Minister - Jan 18, 2012
- Nicaraguan president defends Iran nuclear programme - Jan 12, 2012
- Iran parliament to discuss bill reducing cooperation with IAEA - Jun 13, 2010
- Iranian president's media adviser jailed - Nov 21, 2011
- Iran seeks regional cooperation for Persian Gulf's security - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Iran won't give in to western pressure' - Feb 12, 2012
- Annan to visit Iran next week on Syria - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: ali akbar, bolivia, economic crisis, exchange views, foreign minister, high priority, iran, iranian president mahmoud, irna news agency, islamic republic, latin american nations, latin american states, mahmoud ahmadinejad, mutual interests, nicaragua, north africa, president office, salehi, tehran, xinhua