Iranian nuclear physicist killed in blast (Lead)January 12th, 2010 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 12 (IANS) An Iranian nuclear physicist was killed in a remote-controlled motorbike blast here Tuesday.
Massoud Ali-Mohammadi, a lecturer at the Tehran University and a staunch supporter of the Islamic Revolution, was killed in the booby-trapped bomb attack near his house in northern Tehran, Press TV reported.
Police were investigating the matter to identify the attacker.
Tehran’s Prosecutor Abbas Jafari-Dolatabadi said that Ali-Mohammadi was killed when a motorbike parked near his car exploded.
“No suspect has been arrested yet,” he was quoted as saying by the Iranian Students News Agency.
- Tehran professor killed in blast - Jan 12, 2010
- US-Israel mercenaries killed nuclear expert: Iran (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2010
- Iran hangs assassin of nuclear physicist - May 15, 2012
- Man gets death for killing Iranian N-scientist - Aug 29, 2011
- Iran blames Israel for killing nuclear staff (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Jailed Americans in Iran get 20 days to appeal (Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- Iranian nuclear scientist killed in car bombing - Jan 11, 2012
- Iran arrests all suspects in nuke scientists' killings - Jun 29, 2012
- Iran frees female US hiker - Sep 14, 2010
- Iran agrees to release female US hiker - Sep 12, 2010
- Iran dismantles US-linked spy network, arrests 30 CIA agents - May 22, 2011
- "Israeli linked" spy, terrorist network arrested by Iran - Jan 11, 2011
- Eight soldiers die in Yemen car bombing - Jul 24, 2011
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
- More than 100 arrested at Tehran opposition rally - Nov 07, 2009
Tags: abbas, ali, attacker, bomb attack, iranian students, islamic revolution, jafari, lecturer, massoud, motorbike, news agency, northern tehran, nuclear physicist, prosecutor, students news, tehran university