Iranian firm comes up with first Islamic doll - FatimaNovember 20th, 2010 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
Tel Aviv, Nov 20 (ANI): An Iranian firm has come up with the first Islamic doll that it has named as Fatima.
In the past there had been two dolls, ‘Sarah’ and ‘Dara’, which were supposed to be Iran’s answer to Barbie and Ken, but they failed to impress the local market.
And so Fatima, a doll which has a more Islamic visage, was created.
A representative of Fam, the doll’s manufacturer, said that Fatima was meant to battle against the “enemies’ cultural invasion” of Iran.
“By creating Barbie and marketing it, westerners are encouraging bad veiling and not wearing the hijab; all of these factors led us to take it as our duty to present Islamic dolls to the market,” Ynetnews quoted Hossein Seresht as saying. (ANI)
- Iran shutting down shops selling Barbies? - Jan 22, 2012
- New avatar of 'Sara' to fight Iran's battle against 'Barbie' - Oct 09, 2009
- Sara and Dara are the Muslim avatars of Barbie and Ken - Sep 24, 2008
- Sleep with gun under your pillow: Israeli diplomats told - Feb 15, 2012
- Can the burqa coexist with the bikini? - Mar 19, 2011
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Iran can produce four atom bombs: Israel - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran to strike back if attacked - Feb 05, 2012
- Iran might go on a preemptive strike - Feb 22, 2012
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- Iranian leader threatens to increase uranium enrichment - Jul 23, 2012
- Mattel to give Barbie's boyfriend Ken makeover in new reality series - Mar 24, 2011
- Ken and Barbie's fate put to Facebook vote - Feb 09, 2011
- "Barbie Video Girl" - A Trap Set By Pedophiles? - Dec 24, 2010
- Barbie and Ken may reunite - Feb 07, 2011