‘Iran will not stop high-grade uranium enrichment’April 9th, 2012 - 12:45 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 8 (IANS) Iran will not stop high-grade uranium enrichment and it will also not close down the Fordo nuclear site, the country’s nuclear chief told ISNA news agency Sunday.
There is no justification for the demands by the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany to stop the enrichment of uranium to the grade of 20 percent in Iran, Xinhua quoted Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Fereidoon Abbasi as saying in the report.
“We won’t enrich 20-percent uranium beyond our needs, because it is not economical to produce and keep it,” he added.
- Iran starts uranium enrichment at new n-plant - Jan 09, 2012
- US condemns Iran's decision to start uranium enrichment - Jan 11, 2012
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Won't give up nuclear rights: Iran - Apr 12, 2012
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- Iran ready to export n-services - Jan 08, 2012
- Iran can produce n-fuel for vessels, submarines: Official - Jul 23, 2012
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Tests conducted on Iran's n-plant turbines - Aug 24, 2011
- Iran n-plant supplies 940 MW electricity - Apr 30, 2012
- Iran ready to cooperate with countries to build n-plants - Aug 23, 2012
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- 'Iran has 25 kg of 20 percent enriched uranium' - Aug 27, 2010
- Iran's n-plant to reach full capacity in February - Jan 08, 2012
Tags: abbasi, atomic energy organization, enrichment of uranium, fereidoon, germany, iran, isna news agency, justification, security council members, tehran, un security council, un security council members, uranium enrichment, xinhua