Iran vows to react swiftly to any Israeli attackAugust 19th, 2012 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 19 (IANS) Iran’s reaction to any threat and aggression of Israel against its territory will be very swift and crushing, according to IRNA news agency.
Isareli media has reported Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has decided to launch an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities some time this autumn.
Talking to IRNA, the commander, Brigadier General Amir-Ali Hajizadeh said if the Zionists embark on practising their threats, they would provide “the best opportunity for the destruction of Israel”, Xinhua reported.
“The threatening remarks made by the Zionist regime’s leaders ahead of the Non-Aligned Movement ( NAM) Summit in Tehran as well as ahead the US presidential elections are more of a propaganda and psychological warfare,” he said
Iran is under tremendous western pressures to halt its controversial nuclear programme which Tehran insists is of “peaceful and civilian nature”.
Western countries, including the US and Israel, suspect the Iranian nuclear activities and claim that the Islamic republic is pushing its nuclear programme for weapon-grade activities. The US and Israel have not ruled out the possibility to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
- US warships in Gulf 'sitting ducks' for Iran missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- EU condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats - Feb 14, 2012
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Majority of Israelis oppose unilateral Iran strike: Poll - Mar 08, 2012
- Canada's suspension of ties 'hostile' measure: Iran - Sep 09, 2012
- Iran seeking to build nuclear weapon: Cameron - Mar 07, 2012
- 'Peace accord with Palestinians more urgent for Israel than Iran attack' - Sep 11, 2012
- Israel reiterates call for sanctions on Iran - Nov 25, 2011
- Netanyahu wants US to threaten attack on Iran - Feb 29, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Israeli minister denies plans to strike Iran - Nov 08, 2011
- Iran sentences 13 for spying for Israel: TV - May 14, 2012
- Zardari, Manmohan meeting could be significant: daily - Aug 30, 2012
- Israel is cancerous tumour: Ahmadinejad - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: aggression, amir ali, benjamin netanyahu, brigadier general, israeli attack, minister benjamin netanyahu, nam summit, news agency, non aligned movement, nuclear activities, nuclear facilities, presidential elections, prime minister benjamin, psychological warfare, tehran, weapon grade, western countries, xinhua, zionist regime, zionists