‘Iran to respond aggressively if attacked’July 4th, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 4 (IANS) An Iranian military commander has warned that the army would respond very aggressively to any attack on the country or its nuclear facilities, official IRNA news agency reported Friday. “Any (military) act on Iran will be considered as the start of an war,” General Mohammad-Ali Jaafari, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps, said Thursday, adding that the army would respond aggressively to such attacks.
The general made the comments in reference to recent reports that the US and Israel might launch an attack on Iran, especially targeting main nuclear sites of the Islamic country, following Tehran’s refusal to suspend its uranium enrichment activities.
“Iran will respond to any military action, making the aggressors regretful of their decision and conduct,” the commander said and added that he considered it unlikely that “Iran’s enemies will have any decision to that effect”.
Last week, Jafari had warned that the country would block the oil export route in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz in the event of an attack that could trigger an energy crisis worldwide.
- Iran warns US battleship to keep out of Gulf - Jan 03, 2012
- Pentagon warns Iran against blocking oil route - Dec 29, 2011
- Iran test-fires new missiles - Jan 01, 2012
- Iran test fires more missiles - Jan 02, 2012
- Iran threatens to retaliate against any US attack - Aug 02, 2010
- Iran's IRGC begins new military drill (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran to shut Hormuz Strait if threatened: Officials - Jul 07, 2012
- Iran prepares to strike back if attacked (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- US warships in Gulf 'sitting ducks' for Iran missiles - Jul 05, 2012
- India preparing to fight limited conflict with China: US official (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Iranian troops begin military drill - Jan 08, 2012
- 'EU sanctions on Iran may push oil prices to $150' - Jan 30, 2012
- Iran begins 'Holy Prophet 5' war games - Apr 22, 2010
- Iran to hold another military drill - Jan 04, 2012
- Iran to hold military exercise in Persian Gulf Thursday - Apr 22, 2010
Tags: army, enemies, energy crisis, export route, iran, islamic country, islamic revolution, jafari, july 4, military action, military commander, mohammad ali jaafari, news agency, nuclear facilities, oil export, persian gulf, strait of hormuz, tehran, uranium enrichment activities, war general