Iran to hold naval drills in international watersNovember 26th, 2011 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Iran will hold large scale naval exercises in international waters, Navy chief Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Saturday.
The drills, code-named, Velayat 90, will be held in “the near future” and cover a large area, from the Sea of Oman to the northern Indian Ocean, Fars News Agency reported.
In May 2010, the country’s navy conducted eight-day Velayat 89 drills to test different types of warships, torpedoes, cruise missiles, and fighter jets.
Over 150 operations were conducted on the final day of the exercise, military spokesman Rear Admiral Qasem Rostamabadi said.
- Iran tests anti-submarine torpedo - May 09, 2010
- Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills in May - Feb 27, 2012
- Iran launches 10-day naval exercise - Dec 24, 2011
- Iran building its second naval destroyer - Dec 26, 2011
- Iran to hold another military drill - Jan 04, 2012
- Iran test-fires new missiles - Jan 01, 2012
- Iran adds two submarines to naval fleet - Feb 11, 2012
- Iran includes three indigenous submarines in navy - Nov 29, 2011
- Iran monitors US warships movement in Persian Gulf: Navy chief - Sep 05, 2012
- Iranian troops begin military drill - Jan 08, 2012
- Iran denies launching missile in Persian Gulf - Jan 01, 2012
- Russia, China to conduct military drill - Apr 04, 2012
- Iran to hold biggest naval war games - Jan 06, 2012
- North Korean navy official visits Russia - Oct 20, 2011
- Pentagon warns Iran against blocking oil route - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: cruise missiles, exercise, fighter jets, international waters, iran, military spokesman, moscow, naval exercises, navy, news agency, northern indian ocean, rear admiral, ria novosti, sea of oman, torpedoes, vd, warships