Iran to disclose documents on US as ‘terrorism sponsor’November 3rd, 2011 - 11:01 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Tehran will release 100 documents to reveal Washington’s role in sponsoring terrorist activities in Iran and the entire Middle East region, Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said Wednesday, according to the Fars news agency.
“We have a hundred irrefutable documents on the US role in directing terror and terrorists in Iran and the region,” Ayatollah Khamenei said ahead of Nov 4 marking the anniversary of the takeover of the US embassy in Tehran in 1979.
“By releasing these documents, we will dishonour the U.S. and those who claim to be the advocates of human rights and the campaign against terrorism,” he said.
His remarks follow the US allegations that Tehran plotted to kill the Saudi ambassador to Washington, hiring assassins from a Mexican drug cartel for $1.5 million.
Iran has denied any involvement.
- Iran pardons 130 inmates ahead of Eid al-Fitr - Aug 16, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran to respond 'strongly' to any 'destructive' US act - Oct 16, 2011
- Iran makes arrests in scientist's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- Iran-Russia ties key to 'regional, global peace' - Sep 02, 2012
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- US renews 1979 sanctions against Iran - Nov 08, 2011
- Ready to examine US evidence on alleged assassination plot: Iran - Oct 18, 2011
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Russia may build more n-reactors in Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- Nothing can convince Iran to halt n-plans: Russian analysts - Feb 23, 2012
- Quake felt 70 km from Iranian nuclear plant - Feb 05, 2012
- Iranian first n-plant running at 'full capacity' - Sep 01, 2012
- Iran's parliamentary elections blow to enemies: Khamenei - Mar 01, 2012
- Pak expresses gratitude for Iran's support over Kashmir - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: 5 million, advocates, ali khamenei, allegations, assassins, ayatollah khamenei, fars news agency, human rights, iran, islamic republic, mexican drug cartel, moscow, ria novosti, saudi ambassador, supreme leader, takeover, tehran, terrorist activities, terrorists, us embassy