Iran to develop missile defence systemApril 22nd, 2010 - 8:30 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 22 (IANS) Iranian Defence Minister Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi has said Iran plans to develop a missile defence system that is similar to Russia’s S-300 system.
Asked if Iran has plans to produce an S-300 defence system, Vahidi said Wednesday: “We don’t need to produce the S-300 system, but we have plans on the agenda to produce similar weapons.”
He said Iran has already developed a medium-range air defence system. “All parts of the system have been domestically produced,” he added.
“The system has three radars and a domestically produced missile that has high agility and a range of more than 40 km,” Iranian state-run Press TV quoted Vahidi as saying.
- Iran test-fires 300 km-range missile - Aug 04, 2012
- Iran successfully tests Fateh-110 missile - Aug 26, 2010
- Iran holds air defence drills - Jul 12, 2012
- Iran test-fires another missile - Aug 25, 2010
- Iran to build new missile, seaplane - Jul 26, 2012
- Iran starts mass production of anti-tank rockets - Aug 30, 2011
- Iran starts production of medium range missiles - Mar 12, 2010
- Iran tests its new air defense system - Nov 16, 2010
- Iran begins anti-armour missile production - Jul 07, 2012
- Iran making progress on indigenous missile - Apr 18, 2012
- Iran unveils first home-made anti-aircraft missile - Apr 11, 2010
- Iran unveils surface-to-air missile - Sep 05, 2011
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards start military manoeuvres (Lead) - Nov 23, 2009
- 'Iran to boost missile systems to safeguard itself from US-Israel aggression' - Jan 05, 2011
- Iran inaugurates anti-cruise missile system - May 05, 2010