Iran to counter Dutch anti-Islam video with two documentariesApril 28th, 2008 - 6:57 pm ICT by admin
Tehran, April 28 (DPA) Iran is to counter the anti-Islamic video Fitna (Discord) made by Dutch legislator Geert Wilders with two documentary films, Fars news agency reported Monday. The Iranian films are titled Reply to Fitna and Beyond Fitna and aimed at what the filmmakers call neutralizing the “plot” by the Dutch against Islam.
The two Iranian filmmakers have also declared their readiness to have a debate with Wilders over his film.
Tehran has condemned the anti-Islamic video, terming it “insulting and anti-Islamic” and symbolic for the “deep antagonism” of some Western states towards Islam and Muslims.
The Iranian foreign ministry last month summoned the Dutch ambassador to Tehran to lodge a protest against Wilders’ video.
- Iranians protest anti-Islam movie - Sep 13, 2012
- UN chief slams `hateful film', calls for calm - Sep 14, 2012
- Ayatollah Khamenei blames US, Israel for anti-Islam movie - Sep 14, 2012
- Dutch anti-Islam party doubles seats in election - Jun 10, 2010
- Iran summons Swiss diplomat over US assassination charge - Oct 12, 2011
- Anti-Islam Dutch lawmaker put on trial for inciting racial hatred - Oct 04, 2010
- EU parliament refuses screening of anti-Islam film - Dec 18, 2008
- Anti-Islamic Dutch MP seeks Muslim immigration ban - May 09, 2011
- Anti-Muslim Dutch lawmaker to spread movement to UK,other Western nations - Jul 16, 2010
- Clinton terms anti-Islam video 'disgusting' - Sep 14, 2012
- Oz Muslim leaders criticise Islamic cleric's 'call for beheading' Dutch politician - Sep 06, 2010
- Netherlands to ban burka, halve immigration: Anti-Islam MP Geert Wilders - Oct 01, 2010
- Dutch anti-Islam film meets with heavy criticism - Mar 28, 2008
- Remarks of Dutch Party for Freedom leader Geert Wilders in London - Mar 06, 2010
- Iran summons Afghan envoy over anti-Iran media reports - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: antagonism, discord, documentaries, documentary films, dpa, dutch ambassador, iran, iranian films, iranian foreign ministry, islam, legislator, muslims, news agency, protest, reply, tehran, western states