Iran to allow IAEA to visit its military baseMarch 6th, 2012 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, March 6 (IANS) Iran will allow the UN nuclear watchdog experts to visit its Parchin military base, said the office of Iran’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) representative in Vienna.
According to an official statement, Iran will allow the UN nuclear watchdog experts to visit Parchin military base, Xinhua reported citing ISNA news agency Tuesday.
“The fact that Parchin is a military site and access to a military site is a time consuming process and it cannot be frequently visited … therefore once again (the site) will be accessed (to the IAEA experts),” said the statement, adding that the visit can be made when an agreement on a modality is reached.
“The IAEA member states are expected to support this process and avoid the measures that may weaken the successful outcomes,” it said.
Speaking at a quarterly board meeting, IAEA’s Director General Yukiya Amano said the UN nuclear watchdog has “serious concerns” that Iran’s heightened enrichment activities may relate to the development of nuclear weapons.
Amano also highlighted Iran’s repeated refusal to allow inspectors into the Parchin military site, in which simulated nuclear warhead tests allegedly took place.
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
- IAEA to meet Iran over access to n-site - Jun 04, 2012
- No agreement reached with Iran over nuclear issue: IAEA chief - Feb 22, 2012
- IAEA inspectors barred from Iranian military site (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Enter dialogues 'without pre-condition', Iran urged - Mar 08, 2012
- IAEA demands access to Iranian military site - Sep 10, 2012
- Iran allows IAEA to inspect new enrichment site - Apr 25, 2010
- IAEA report on Parchin void of technical significance: Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- UN chief calls for diplomatic solution to Iranian n-issue - Sep 01, 2012
- Iran criticises IAEA for leaking its scientists' identity - Nov 19, 2011
- US to judge Iran's deal with IAEA on action - May 23, 2012
- US using IAEA as a tool: Iran - Nov 07, 2011
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
- Iran is enriching uranium at secret site, says UN - Feb 25, 2012
- No progress in n-inspection talks with Iran: IAEA - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: amano, atomic energy agency, board meeting, development of nuclear weapons, director general, enrichment activities, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iran, member states, military base, modality, news agency, nuclear warhead, serious concerns, tehran, vienna, watchdog, xinhua